Nike Inyo Shoes

michael   Cross Country Rider [Sep 07, 2003]
Strength:

At first fit snugly on my duckish feet, but stretched to end up fitting pretty nicely, wished I would have ordered 1/2 size more than normal for proper fit. Very much liked the performance of the shoe until the sole delaminated on the heel of one shoe...1 year of hard use for 45 bucks, and lots of miles...not too bad.

Sole delamination

Cheap, good fitting and ultimately disposable

rod   Cross Country Rider [Mar 06, 2002]
Strength:

good traction/comfy off the bike. adjustable fit with lace + velcro. have lasted very well. stiff enough.

lugs were too freakin' big to clip in easily. kind of an ugly color, a blue of some sort...

i've thought of getting new shoes a few times but there's been no reason to justify getting rid of these shoes (yet). once i carved away some of the lugs (with a dremel tool) allowing better clip-in they've served my needs and were well worth the money - not a race shoe or top-of-the-line type shoe, just a solid value, reliable/durable/comfy.

Declan Hamblin   Weekend Warrior [Feb 18, 2002]
Strength:

Looks Good

They will come apart and seperate eventually.

Stay the hell away from these. I do not care how cheap they are, they will explode on you in the middle of a ride. These things just seperated and I only ride weekends. If they last more than 6 months, consider yourself lucky.

Similar Products Used: None.
neil m   Racer [Aug 04, 2001]
Strength:

price, velcro, easy clip in clip out

treads a little big, ut i could still clip in and out easy, maybe a little easier if i cut them

these are great for kids my age (14) whos feet are still growoing and don'w wanna speed 100 bucks on shoes they will grow out of in a year, they work fine, but i think i have narrow feet, so if u have wide feet, don't get em, and get a size bigger, than u think

Similar Products Used: none
Gunter Skeller   Cross Country Rider [Sep 13, 2000]
Strength:

Price

Padding on tongue, and lacing system

It sounds like all the people who hate this shoe hate it because of pedal incompatability. My K2MagT clipless pedals are pretty slim, and so do not have tread clearance problems. Bulkier pedals obviously require some mods. I think the shoes are great, I got them at REI for $18.00. Can't beat that with a stick. I have a minor gripe about the length of the bolts for sttaching the clips to the shoes. They work great for attaching the bolt to the shoe, but there's no way in hell you can get the clip on there: too short. Have to go out and buy longer bolts. I agree that these may not have been extensively researched in the design phase.

Similar Products Used: grey Shimano somethingorothers
Jason   Cross Country Rider [Sep 11, 2000]
Strength:

Crappy velcro straps, uncomfortable soles, they broke in half

I really hate Nike shoes. These mountain biking shoes were the nail in the coffin for me ever buying another pair of Nikes as long as I live. The velcro on the left shoe wouldn't stick no matter what I tried. The soles were so uncomfortable that I had to wear extra socks just to make a ride bearable. Recently I was just riding along and the stupid shoes broke in half right behind the cleat. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Nike shoes. On a side note with Nike shoes, I bought a pair of Air Crested Buttes (a trail running shoe) last winter for $120, wore them for a few months around the house, realized the soles were coming unglued, tried to return them, and received only $60 credit from Nike. They really suck.

David Fambrough   [May 07, 2001]
Strength:

Work well w/my Shimano pedals -- easy to clip in and out of pedals; stiff sole; durable; easy to clean off mud; good overall fit, not as narrow & tight as my old Specialized shoes; good looking shoe.

Velco straps aren't as good as the buckle/fastner straps; not recommended for long hike-a-bike situations.

Good shoe for the money. Like anything; the more you pay the higher quality and fit you'll find. But for the weekend rider, you won't find a better shoe for the money.

Rob   Cross Country Rider [Apr 21, 2001]
Strength:

looks good no bright colours

fits poorly.way too narrow feet hurt and go numb after 60 min. rides, had to trim sole(no big deal)

shoes seemed to fit well when I tried them on in store, will read more recomendations before next purchase, nike seemed to have jumped into bike shoes without testing or research

Steve   Cross Country Rider [Apr 12, 2001]
Strength:

Inexpensive.

One size smaller than the size as marked. Mine came without inside clete hole covers, and my feet froze on a couple of winter rides. The clete mounting surface became fatigued and worn, and the clete now rotates up to 45 degrees when uncliping. The laces are foolish. I have them tied loose under the tongue and just use the velcro to secure them to my feet.

They're great if you don't want to spend $120 for dorky looking phosphorescent green and red shoes. Get 'em while they last at pricepoint.com, but buy a size larger than your foot is. I have another pair coming.

I've jammed my size 10 foot into this size 9 shoe for 6 months, and I can stand it cause I'm not walking or running. I had to shave about 50 grams of rubber off the bottom, inside sole in order to clip to Shimano or Bontrager pedals. The point at which the clip and the shoe meet has become so worn in 20 rides that I've had to locktite metal plates between the shoe and clete (inside and out) to keep the clete from rotating when uncliping. I had to fix a rotated clete during a race with a rock and lots of &?!@#%$$. There were no inside clete hole covers with the shoes, so my feet get really wet even without creek crossings. But, now they work OK, and I'm going to use them through this season.

Similar Products Used: Nothing.
ilakano   [Mar 29, 2001]
Strength:

Wider than average toebox was comfortable. Tread was good to walk on. Color was subtle-no day-glow.

Once I got ride of the clips that came with them and used Shimanos, getting in and out of the pedals was easy. Believe that the shoes are over priced.

An average shoe for an average price. No better or worse than other shoes in this price range.