Nashbar Sport II Shoes

Sport II

Nashbar Sport II Mountain Shoe has high-end features at a value price. 2 velcro straps to hold your foot securely. Nylon sole with removable toe spikes. 2-bolt compatible.

afullsodacan   Cross Country Rider [Feb 23, 2012]

-Pretty Breathable
-Fairly Lightweight
-True to size
-Good stiff sole for transferring power

-only one color choice
-Be nice if it had 3 straps instead of 2, but they get pretty tight

These are the first pair of shoes that I bought that clip in. I am impressed with them. They work really well with the Crankbrothers Eggbeaters that I also bought from Nashbar. I have used them for about 8 months now mountain biking most weekends, and so far they seem pretty durable and strong. They don't feel like they are flexible or flimsy. The sole is strong and I do not notice a pressure point at all with the eggbeaters as some people talk about.

I am not really a weight nazi when it comes to something like shoes, and am not sure how they compare in weight to other brands, but to me they seem fairly light. I would imagine they're not even close to the weight of carbon ones, but I could care less when they cost like $200+

I normally wear 11.5's in regular shoes, so I was a little worried they would be a little on the small side since I ordered 45's, but they actually fit me perfectly. Not too tight, not too loose.

I also think they look good, and I especially like that they match both my MTB and my road bike colors. The only improvement I can think of is that Nashbar could make is that they could offer the shoes in more colors and maybe add a 3rd strap. Oh, and maybe narrow the leather tongue a little.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the quality of them, especially at such a great price.