Nashbar Jazz Shoes

Nashbar Jazz

Frank the "Tank"   Cross Country Rider [Dec 25, 2000]
Strength:

They fit my super wide 8EEE feet! Treated it with some waterproofing spray-on. Had to brace myself one time with my left foot in ankle deep water but it didn't get my foot wet. Don't know if it was the waterproofing or the shoes. Probably both.

Won't clip into platform type pedals. But that's ok 'cause you can walk around without the cleats touching the floor, asphalt, etc. Closed out item. Can't buy another pair. (For every weakness there's a strength ... every vice there's a versa :)

Great shoes. Real comfortable. Stiff soles. No hotspots even after a 6 hour ride. Can't beat the price. Wish I could get another pair.

Similar Products Used: Shimano SH-M035, Cannondale Men's C-Sole
Paul   Weekend Warrior [Sep 09, 1999]
Strength:

Nice fit. Deal on Pedals included.

Out of the box, they look sort of whimpy looking.

These are the 'high' version. I immediately treated them with a wax-based water proofing from EMS, they look like hiking shoes now (it darkened them). The cleats don't touch my hardwood floors in the house, and they are nice and stiff, fit great, and don't look like bike shoes! The soles are the same as on LOOK MS3LP shoes and cost $20 less (hmmm aren't soles an important part of a shoe?). I used to use NIKE hicking shoes when I rode with clips, but before they where a year old, the soles were warn soo bad that a small stone punched through and cut my foot. I like the top strap to control the laces and to tighten the fit, and am, so far, pretty satisfied. They are pretty lack-luster in the looks department-minus one.

Similar Products Used: None
Kevin   Weekend Warrior [Sep 05, 1999]
Strength:

Good looking shoe for the price you cannot beat the quality, Had them in rivers, climbing hills, falling down hills and riding. These shoes have been great while I have been learning in clipless. I like the fact that they fit my wide @#$ feet!!!

The velcro strap seems to do nothing. The cleat sticks out the bottom a bit and clicks a little while walking... but who cares.

If you are looking for a good sturdy MTB shoe and do not want to spend $100 +.
Get these I have a wide foot and was worried after trying on some other brands that I would not be comfortable in these. They fit cool and take a good beating.

Similar Products Used: None
Calvin Kim   Cross-Country Rider [Aug 20, 1999]
Strength:

Price, construction and look.

Middle Velcro strap doesn't offer as much support as upper and lower strap. No reflective tabs, and the front of the SPD cleat can just scrape the ground.

They are cheap. But not cheap enough to sacrifice quality. The fit and finish is excellent. I would easily recommend this product to anybody looking for a good first shoe to the clipless world.

Similar Products Used: First dedicated shoes I've tried.