Louis Garneau Montana XT3 Shoes

Montana XT3

The Louis Garneau Montana XT3 Mountain Cycling Shoe has flexibility at the toe area for easy running off-the-bike. With a removable Power Blade system, it provides maximum stiffness when used. With the Power Blade system removed, the shoe provides more v

dan b   Cross Country Rider [Nov 07, 2015]
Strength:

good value - wide platform at the ball

little too wide of toe box - sizing runs small - not that comfortable (for me)

bought these needing a second set for our second home - reasonable value and cool construction. brand has a good reputation.
sizing ran small - i am a 9 1/2, had to order a 44 (43 was too small) as a result, i have to pull on the straps quite hard to snug them - which causes numbness in the sole of my foot. can def feel the mechanism as the other earlier review stated - not pronounced, but there...
i have a pair of specialized pro carbons that feel like a pair of slippers with a stiff sole... no comparison - i guess i was spoiled

Similar Products Used: specialized pro carbon
OVERALL
Dorian   Cross Country Rider [Nov 11, 2014]
Strength:

breathable, easy dry, fit right, nice sole

ratchets poor design

I have been using this model this year, after selling my MT2 version which was a bit bigger. The main difference is the laterals which are built better and I consider a plus the sole as walking is easy and with no pain during push-bike. They fit nice and the heel is quite oki for my small heel and narrow feet. I have never removed the sole piece and right now it looks quite hard after some serious walks on rocks. I likes the MT2 more as the ratchet was with metal and so far on MT3, I have replaced 2 ratchets after simple falls. Also the interior part has metal parts which rub against the pedal arm, which MT2 did not have. The shoe is very breathable for summer days, however I have used them in 5-7 degrees C, and they were ok.The front of the shoe, usually stands some abuse and the lack of a real heavy duty material, makes it look ugly after some rock-bumps. Overall, I like the product but the ratchet needs a little redesign for clumsy people like me.