Look MS3X Shoes

MS3X

Look MS3X

phase0   Cross-Country Rider [Aug 13, 1999]
Strength:

stiff sole
two toe and two heel spike receptacles
comfortable

I'll let you in a few months.

These are my first clipless shoes. I figured I couldn't go wrong getting $100 shoes for $50. Nashbar's only description was 'all purpose atb shoes'. And thats exactly what I needed. And thats what these seem to be. I hope they hold up.

jay henry   Cross-Country Rider [Jul 14, 1999]
Strength:

comfortable, lightweight, nice ankle protection, good traction

don't hold up under extreme riding conditions.

I bought the high-topped Look shoes because I needed some ankle protection. The shoes are a nice fit, reasonably stiff, and provide great traction off the bike. Now I break everything I touch, so I judge products on how long it takes them to break, because they will break, its just a matter of time. These did not last long, about 2 months of hard riding. Hey for 150 bucks, that's not so good! If you don't ride hard, well I still think they blow, they cracked in half at the cleat, and the sole was seperating into 2 pieces. Don't do it.

Similar Products Used: specialized
Ian   Cross-Country Rider [Jun 12, 1999]
Strength:

Dual STEEL Cleats, Straps

A bit slick on hard surfaces

I love these shoes! I've ridden them hard for two years and they have held up great. The front AND REAR steel spikes have shown very little wear and the lugs have lasted very well and this is over very rocky terrain at times. I wasn't sure how long they were going to last but now I'm noticing a little separation in the sole but this is after two years with an average of 300 miles/week. Great Shoe!