Lake MX200R Shoes

Lake MX200R

Adam   Racer [Apr 21, 2001]
Strength:

I'm sorry, I placed a rating under the Lake MX200's, which I don't have, I have the MX200R's. These are the most durable shoes I have ever worn and the quaility factor is evident. They have all the factors I want in a shoe. Be sure to read my review on the MX200 which I really was talking aobut this shoe.

Nothing at all, it's all good.

All around awesome shoe and I have no problems with this shoe. I would recommend this shoe to anyone. There is one rule that you have to follow like I did, in order to make this shoe last, take care of it (like everything).

Similar Products Used: Look under Lakes MX200 shoe, I listed them all there.
Dan   Cross Country Rider [Jul 26, 2000]
Strength:

Weight, Lace/Velcro combination, Colors

Crappy rubber upper and sole construction. Customer service center.

I want to like these shoes, I really do, but after one ride the rubber uppers became detached from the fabric. They told me to expect this and super glue it. But after 3 weeks, the sole started coming off in chunks! I've never heard of this before. I called their number and a woman told me it was because I was mistreating them. I don't walk anywhere in them! Then she said well I can't really help you, we just design the shoes. Came highly recommended though. Weird. Guess next time I'll buy NorthWave.

Similar Products Used: Diadora Chili's
Martin S   Cross-Country Rider [Apr 14, 1999]
Strength:

Laces, solid construction, price
way better deal than the 300's

some heel lift
Sole trimming required for Time Aliums

So far the shoes are good, very solid feeling over the pedal, construction looks solid, new soles are grippy and they come with 2 sets of extra cleats. Did have to trim the soles to accomodat the float of my Times, my biggest complaint is heel lift when portaging - a friend of mine also has same complaint with his 200R's as does my room mate with his 300's- although I am finding that it seems to be getting less as they get worn in.