Lake MX140 Shoes

Lake MX140 Shoes

• Framed within a fully adjustable harness
  • Outsole: Real rubber Lake Mountain X race sole
  • Closure: Side mounted push/pull BOA lacing system
  • Compatibility/Drilling: SPD two-hole

[Jan 12, 2011]
CUNiT

Strength:

Good Looking Boot, Cool Lacing System, Comfortable, will work great in winter or summer, great traction, Keeps Feet toasty down to so far 25F...

After the 1st ride in them I broke the left BOA lacing system during a gnarley dismount...the mechanism is plastic rather than say maybe aluminum, so it broke internally, but the retailer is honoring their customer satisfaction policy and has sent me a second pair...I had to pay for, but they tell me once the broken pair arrives back they will refund me in order to honor their exchange.

I'm an aggressive rider and I hope the durability of these boots do not hinder my ability to "go big" Since they broke on the break-in ride, I hope this is not a problem that is likely to occur again, but it's now on my mind when I dismount. Should it happen again & at this price, I promise this will be the last product from Lake I purchase as I can't have broken shoes be a factor in every one of my future rides.

None...These are the 1st pair clipless MTB shoes I've ever owned

OVERALL
[Jun 18, 2010]
betheriver

Strength:

Great fit. The Boa system is sweet for bike shoes. The shoe is advertised for winter use, but I've been using it the last 3 months. It breathes better than I expected, and is really waterproof.

Construction. The shoe is basically a strap of leather on each side that goes from the back to the front of the shoe, over neoprene. Nice design until one of the leather straps came out (these straps are attached to the boa lacing system, so when it is tightened it basically pulls on the leather strap, separating it from the toe of the shoe in the front).

For such an expensive shoe I expected better durability. LAKE has ignored my e-mails. Stay away unless you like going through 4 pairs of bike shoes every year.

Great shoes if you have the money to keep replacing them. If you don't then look elsewhere.

Basically every other shoe manufacturer out there.

OVERALL