Lake MX 265 Shoes

Lake MX 265 Shoes

Fall, Winter, Spring ... 3 season cycling/hiking boot that is just as comfortable off the bike as on. Thick full grain leather. Ballistic nylon scree collar & fully Outlast® lined upper.

[Jun 05, 2008]
AK Joe

Strength:

A legitimate SPD compatible hiking boot with great weather protection

Well, its a bit heavy, but you have to expect that

These are the best real mountain bike shoes/boots I've ever found. I actually have the MX255's that I got on closeout as they were changing over to MX265, but the shoe is more or less the same.

These are not for racing. They are not for one or two hour rides. These are not for hot and dry climates. These are for Honest-to-God wilderness treks, including multi-day death marches where its nothing but mud and rain, trees, roots, rocks and solitude. The full grain leather handles the wet. The sole is really a hiking sole. For where I live (Alaska), these are exactly what is needed to get out in the backcountry. Its either these or using platform pedals with regular hiking boots. They put my old Diadora Transalps to shame.

I also love the fact you can order these direct from Lake, which makes all the size available.

I cannot recommend these highly enough for really getting out in the wilderness with SPD pedals.