Five Ten Sam Hill Shoes

Sam Hill

FiveTen Sam Hill Shoe Built for speed and grip,The new Sam Hill V2 Signature shoes stickTo pedals like burrs. Sam gave up clipless pedals for downhill races—and his choice of FiveTen has helped deliver himToThe podium moreTimesThat you can count. Cut low for flexibility,The Sam Hill’s sport super-sticky Stealth™ S1 soles and a protective PU midsoleThat provides excellentTorsional stability.The Sam Hills have moderately flexible midsoles for on-the-edge control. Note - Does no

greg   All Mountain Rider [Sep 24, 2013]
Strength:

Awesome shoes! Super tuff, comfortable, and stick to the pedals like glue!

None that I can think of...

Used to just wear skate shoes, but decided to get something more serious as my skills increased. I love them! Perfect for getting crazy. Tuff enough to take the occasional rock glances. I tried another pair of some other brand before these and the soles ripped off within a week. These suckers are going strong a couple years later!

Bikesrock   All Mountain Rider [Nov 03, 2012]
Strength:

Very sticky tread to stick to your pedals, looks, comfort, protection

Maybe a little heavy but it doesn't matter

I just purchased a pair of these shoes from Ebay and I am really impressed with the quality. These are the second pair of flat pedal shoes and they blow my old Nike 6.0's out of the water. Five Ten defiantly makes the highest quality shoes for any kind of Downhill or Freeride rider. These shoes run maybe a half a size small but they fit really good to your foot. If you are on the market for a pair of flat pedal shoes then these would be the way to go.

Similar Products Used: Nike 6.0
Jeo10   [Oct 18, 2012]
Strength:

Sticky, Sturdy, GRIP GRIP GRIP

The looks and the weight, but worth it for a shoe that is stickylicious!!

After my first ride I was I was blown away by the stickiness of the shoe! You literally feel connected to the bike. Rain or shine gardens or roots your foot simply will not slip!

FX4   [Jul 06, 2012]
Strength:

Stick to flat pedals like glue. I'm a little old school and prefer flat pedals to clipless so I went in search of the ultimate flat pedal shoe. These have exceeded my expectations. When you plant your foot on the pedal it Stays stuck where you put your foot. They create a wide stable platform. The fairly rigid soles work well to you keep your feet pushing power into the pedal rather than the shoe flexing as is the case with standard athletic shoes. I was a little concerned these would be hot and uncomfortable on a hot day but my worries have proved to be unfounded. A 35 mile ride on a 95 degree day in Florida was a non-issue. I have a wide foot and as suggested by others, purchase your normal size and they should fit. My wide foot slipped into these nicely and they are comfortable. I am very pleased with these shoes, they are like glue on flat pedals.

Maybe a bit loud for my taste.

Flat pedal glue!

SanDiegoDirt   All Mountain Rider [Feb 24, 2012]
Strength:

Sturdy
Stealth Rubber soles

Heavy
Ugly?
Can be a little pricey

I have never been able to go clip less because of ankle surgery I had many years ago. Prior to getting these I had always used my skate shoes when I rode. Before I bought the Sam Hill, I pretty much thought the 5.10 stuff was just hype. These shoes have sure proven me wrong. If you ride clip less you owe it to yourself to invest in a pair. I have had mine for two years and they have held up great to all kinds on conditions and use.
May be a little heavier than the Impacts. They are not what you would call an attractive shoe, but then again think about what you are buying them for. They are a game changer. Highly recommended.

Similar Products Used: Vans, Globe, etc.
mark   Weekend Warrior [Sep 28, 2011]
Strength:

super sticky and very comfortable

local availability to try different sizing

i have been riding my bike since jan 2011 with keen sandles (if im not in my work boots, i have keens on). the keens have been excellent, but i decided to get proper shoes. decided on these and i am so glad that i did. there so sticky that you have to actually lift your foot off before you can move it. it really allows you to move the bike around without movement that you would otherwise get. i dont know how i was riding without them.

ZIT30/34   Cross Country Rider [Aug 21, 2011]
Strength:

Very well designed and very well built. Sticks very well to Drillium pedals, great for carrying the bike and gear over rock fall. Crampons actually work well with this shoe when hiking your bike up and over a snow covered ridge in friggin July.

Takes a while to dry these shoes out, but they still stick when wet

I have spent up to 15 days wearing only these shoes, carrying the bike and gear over miles of snow and rock fall with little if any slip and they still stick to the Drillium pedals. Unlike hiking shoes and trail running shoes, I have never had a blister with these five ten shoes.

Similar Products Used: Hiking shoes, trail running shoes, they all sucked compared to the 5.10 Sam Hills
socal_jack   Cross Country Rider [Jun 21, 2011]
Strength:

Very solid construction and fit, been a long time since I've been able to buy a bike shoe even close to my real size. Stealth rubber is holding up amazingly well. Use for both SS and XC/AM MTB riding on flats. Solid hookup.

none so far outside of the off-spatz shoe look.

Great biking shoe for platforms pedals that wear great and provide solid hookup going down or standing and grinding on the SS.

Similar Products Used: Numerous
Critter417   Cross Country Rider [Aug 12, 2010]
Strength:

Like everyone says, they grip like glue! Great workmanship, great customer service. I enjoy biking a lot, but I hate having a foot fly off the pedal and ripping skin open. While wearing these shoes I've never even come close to losing my footing. I thought my Vans were good... I don't even wear those any more. Thouroughly impressed and I like some of their new products coming out which do not appear to be as bulky.

Do not make 1/2 sizes beyond 12, which is just what I needed. Exchanged the 12's for a 13 and they're fine but I really have to cinch them up tight. At this size, they look like ski boots on my feet..

Great shoe for what they are designed for. I'm trying to wear out this pair so that I can try another! Would never entertain clip-ins now.. By far the best biking related purchase I've made this year.