Five Ten Impact VXi Shoes

Five Ten Impact VXi Shoes

Five Ten Impact XVi - Top of the line downhill shoe, with hydrophobic and quick drying material, and sticky shock absorbing Mi6 rubber.

[Oct 01, 2016]
crfnick56
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Super grippy sole, comfortable, lightweight

A little bit on the wide side so they can feel bulky at times.

I have owned these for a year now and they still are holding up great. They grip the pedals like I'm wearing clips without the danger of being clipped in. They are comfortable enough to walk around in and are just fine for those hike-a-bike sections. I have read a few reviews saying these are hot on your feet, and I agree, they can be. That to me is just a tradeoff of having a durable leather upper section that seems to me like it will hold up for quite some time. No mesh to tear or wear out. My only complaint is they can feel a bit bulky at times (off the bike) due to their soles. They seem to be a bit wider then normal shoes which makes sense, giving you a more stable platform on the pedal, but it just takes some getting used to. Overall I love these and would definitely buy again.

[May 23, 2016]
Branden

Strength:

These are an expensive riding shoe that is aimed at very high performance!

Being designed for the highest performance means that the rubber is soft and wears quickly, very quickly

I have the flat pedal version of these shoes and when combined with my pair of DMR vault flat pedals they offer insane grip. I previously was using the std impact lows for the last several years and have been more than happy with the grip but when they wore out I decided to try the vxi's. Theses shoes would be great for DH racing but for std trail riding they wear way to quickly for a $160 investment. I have worn all the round thread off of a 2inch circle on both shoes within 150miles, no bs! I have coated the bottom of these with shoe goo to prolong my investment but when I have to retire these I'll go back to the std impacts.

Impact std's, freeriders

[Oct 08, 2014]
Travis Bickle
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

These shoes are very comfortable with a wide toe box, stiff sole that flexes at the front, and a wide Velcro strap that dosn't pinch your foot. The outsole is very grippy for climbing up rocks and works well for hike a bike. There is no mesh to let in water so the resist splashing and light rain quite well. The sole is stiff but not XC stiff. It transfers power quite well and is comfortable for several hours of pedaling. They are fairly light for what they are. They seem durable and protect my feet from rocks and branches.

A little warm on hot days due to the lack of ventilation. Not the best for hot and dry conditions. On my XTR Trail pedals the sole dosn't contact the pedal. I tried an old pair of Mallets but I didn't like the firm contact. I've decided to stick with the XTRs for the time being.

Although these are a DH Clipless shoe I bought them for trail and AM riding. I spend a lot of time climbing logging roads and they handle this well. Once on the trail they are easy to get in and out of XTR Trail pedals. If I'm not clipped in they stay on the pedal due to the sticky sole. The laces and strap keep them secure and comfortable for long rides. They are a little pricey.

Sidi, Shimano, Guarne, Diadora.