Diadora X-Trail Carbon Shoes

Diadora X-Trail Carbon Evo shoe is a 3 strap system with the Micro CL Buckle for a snug custom fit. The carbon sole with Duratech Rubber will last thru all kinds of diffuicult terrain. The DuraSkin outer allows breathability as well as taking a beating.

Wil   [Nov 03, 2014]
Strength:

Fits very good.

Very weak carbon sole.

I've got two pair of Diadora's X-trail 2 Carbon shoes. The first shoe's fitted really well so I bought another pair. Too bad the store where I bought them didn't tell about the Multipeds you have to use underneath the cabon soles before assembling the spd-pads. I ruined both pair of shoes. No warranty since I didn't use the multipeds. If I would have known about the multipeds it's doubtful whether I would have bought the shoes. I find it very strange to first make a weak sole and than come up with a spacer to solve this problem. As a rider you want to be close to the pedals and not being forced to use worthless solutions.

Razca   [Oct 23, 2013]
Strength:

Wide toe box
Adjustable strap lengths
Great stiffness vs flex
NIce cleat pattern
Good aesthetics (green/black)

Cleats way too soft
Sole not durable at all
Strap buckles made with cheap steel (rust)

I was terribly disappointed in this shoe. Initially, I was quite excited, but after using this shoe for about a year, there is not much left of it. I would deem this more of a CX shoe, honestly. The shoe performs admirably in dirt and when trying to move off the bike. The stiffness is great for riding, but not so uncomfortable that it hurts to walk, run, or climb in. I have trouble finding cycling shoes that fit my feet well as I have a wide toe box. These fit great and the buckle helps to tighten up around the ankle very well. The shoe looks great, especially if you are looking for something that is not black, grey, and red.
The biggest downfall of these shoes is their durability. Rocks and pavement will destroy these in no time flat! I don't do a whole lot of this type of riding, yet the sole is becoming flat less than a year later. I was also rather dismayed to see the loops for the straps seem to be rusting away. I do tend to ride in a lot of mud and wash my shoes often.
If you can afford $200 shoes every year, these are great! If you ride a lot and want your shoes to last longer, look elsewhere.

KevinNZ   [Oct 27, 2012]
Strength:

Stiff carbon shoe is great to power transfer, good sole for off the bike work. Good straps Well made

Too small. I have shoes from another brand same size (45) the fit is perfect. but the Diadora's are smaller (slimmer) and have a small toe box. If I buy again I will go 1/2 to a full size larger.

The shoe stiffness is not so good walking off the bike.

Get the right size.

I can not comment on how well the shoes last as I have only used them for short races.

natedogg   Weekend Warrior [May 30, 2010]
Strength:

They fit my foot very well. I like the ratchet feature to get the fit nice and tight.

The cleat plate ripped out today! I average one 2hr ride a week. I have been riding in these shoes for less than a year and they fall appart?

I liked the fit but I am sure I can find better quality.

Tommirritant   Cross Country Rider [Oct 02, 2009]
Strength:

Wide toebox, higher arch, good grip

availability, weight

One of the best shoes I got since I started biking (14 years back) comfy fit together with a good grip do the job for me.

the inner sole is a bit to smelly but easy to replace so thats easily solvable.

Only downside in my opinion is the limited availability (in Holland) but got over that aswell after some searching.

Similar Products Used: Shimano, Gaerne
jmv83fromdudley   Cross Country Rider [Sep 01, 2009]
Strength:

Very comfortable shoe with wide toe box. Soles have rubber treads around the carbon.

Tore cleat plate through sole in less then one season. Cheap padding breeds bacteria smell that wouldn't go away. Couldn't leave them in car or it smelt like THE PLAGUE!

I hate when people give 5 star reviews on products they have used a week!
Shoes were nice to ride in while the soles held up and they didn't smell terrible (that was about 3 months).
Totally disappointed in how short a time they lasted save your $ and buy something better.
Value? Give me a break they didn't even last a season of xc riding.
2 Flamin' Turds.