Diadora Chili Extreme Shoes

Midsole in Diapan Fiberglass and sole tread in Polytech for lightness with No-Flex steel insert. Conical extensions to prevent mu build-up. Threaded inserts for toe spikes.

ant8510   Cross Country Rider [Nov 18, 2010]
Strength:

cheap, comfy and warm in the dry

useless in the rain

I bought these for £50 from ebay figuring they were worth a punt - for the price. Big mistake. Frankly they are useless in the rain, letting in loads of water, presumably through the ankle gaiter. Being ostensibly waterproof this water then cannot escape and sloshes around in the shoes, freezing your toes as it does so. In the end you have to take the shoe off mid ride and empty it out. I was better off using my spesh summer shoes with seal skin socks - kept me warmer and drier. Have yet to try these with the sealskinz but I shouldnt have to! I appreciate the limits of waterproofing and cycling, but these are just awful. I advise you avoid completely, regardless of price...

Similar Products Used: specialized summer shoes
gibsonra   Cross Country Rider [Dec 24, 2009]
Strength:

Reasonable Price. Stiff sole.

Very narrow in the toe. Can rip at the seams. Not waterproof in the ankle area.

I got a size larger to try to free up my toes a little but they are still narrow. In the cold you need to move your toes around to keep blood moving. These do not allow me to do that. The insulation is also a little thin in the toe area and seems to be thicker around the ankle. I wear toe warmers if it is below 30. The top of the shoe is a loose fitting material and this allows your foot to flex easily. The top material is not waterproof and the seems leak badly where it joins the shoes. The shoe does have a waterproof sock which serves to hold all the water inside your shoe causing me to have to take them off and pour the water out. This only happened in a rain storm one time. Be careful putting them on and use the internal strap to pull them on. If you use the loose fabric around the top you will rip the seams.

These are OK shoes but I would not have bought them if I got to try them on first. I would much prefer a boxier toe for a winter shoe.

Similar Products Used: NA
John   Cross Country Rider [Jan 23, 2007]
Strength:

Fantastic shoe/boot. Lovely and toasty now that winter has hit. They aren't restrictive around the ankle, meaning that they comfy all day.

Buy them, use them, enjoy them. Great fit and good price.

Similar Products Used: Normal shoes and overshoes.
Hyland Fisher   Racer [Oct 19, 2007]
Strength:

Very warm, great fit, waterproof(ish). Easy on, easy off. High cuffs. Stiff sole. Non leather.

Limited adjustability with only two velcro straps. Do not seem to be waterproof this season, will need to investigate. Have had problems with pull strap and sinch strap coming unsewn.

Great shoe of the price (if you can pay less than retail). These have a high retail price. Have kept my feet very warm below 20 degrees F. Fit similar to a normal Sidi dominator. I put them away for the summer and am wearing them again as it is raining often. They do not appear to be waterproof now. I'll have to look into that, wash them and maybe recoat them with a waterproof material.
I love them.

Similar Products Used: Sidi winter shoes. Sidi shoes with toe covers. Sidi shoes with Seal Skins waterproof socks.