Diadora Cayman Shoes

Cayman is constructed on an SPD? compatible molded rubber outer sole with an internal Diapan? stiffener. Cleat mounts are strengthened by a steel backing plate.Achilles padded and relieved heel collar gives extra comfort. Accepts SPD? type cleats.

Ray   Weekend Warrior [Aug 02, 2008]
Strength:

They've held up pretty well after many miles. They're also pretty comfortable.

These babies are uuugly. Also, you have to come up with something to get the laces out of the way. I wrap them once under the soles before tying.

I have long feet and they're pretty narrow too, and these things look like skis. Maybe it's just the larger sizes. They've been solid shoes, otherwise - they're easy to walk in and are pretty comfortable. The sole is probably not as stiff as many shoes, and they're not light, but not too heavy either. But yeah, ugly.

Similar Products Used: None.
chris stark   Cross Country Rider [May 11, 2007]
Strength:

Well...They have lasted me for over 5 1/2 years now and they are still going strong. Comfortable and can stand up to anything (even 2,500 miles of mud).

No lace covers/straps, so tuck em in. Thats about it.

If you are able to buy these shoes still, get em!

Similar Products Used: Time (old school)
Hennie Lacock   Cross Country Rider [Nov 24, 2001]
Strength:

Looks very nice. Sole is pretty stiff enough. Fits my foot like a glove. Takes the punnishment I give it!

Would have liked it if the shoe-lace was coverder or protected in a way, now I have to tuck it in next to my foot.

I use these shoes with Wellgo WPD-813 SPD's and I must tell you, the combination for me works like a bomb! I'm doing cross-country as well as road with these shoes and never had a complaint against them, for the relatively low price, you'd have to go far to beat them!

Gordon Evans   Cross-Country Rider [Oct 09, 1999]
Strength:

cheap
good fitting

doesn't hold up very good

After undergoing surgery on my left foot in 1998, these were the only bike shoes I could stand to wear. They are not the best but the do work and the look pretty good. I've since had custom Shimano's made. I would recomend yhat over these shoes if you have an odd foot shape.

apple   Cross-Country Rider [Jul 10, 1999]
Strength:

comfy for people with bizzare feet...and they look FINE too

they may not hold up to serious abuse

i have strange feet, very narrow in the heel...vrey wide in the front, and these fit better than ANY shoe i have ever had. it's hard to say, however, weather the shoes will be able to stand up to the mutant foot abuse. judging by the looks of the overall construction i wouldn't bet on it. four stars just because i'm so tickled by how well they fit...five if they last for a year!

Similar Products Used: none...this is my first set of clipless
Pete   Cross-Country Rider [Jun 15, 1999]
Strength:

Price, comfort, looks

A sneaker-like 'croozer' shoe for motoring around town. Cleat pocket is pretty deep, no 'skritching' with SPUDs. Feel very nice, very laid back, cool style.

Adam   Cross Country Rider [Nov 04, 2003]
Strength:

Nice styling for my taste. Not too garish, not too plain. Definitely a stealth bike shoe.
Stiff enough for hard riding but comfortable for all-day wear.

Probably won't stand up to long-term XC abuse. I don't take mine offroad.

These are my commuter shoes. I've used them every workday for a year and I really like them. Usually I'll wear them all day at work, and only the clacking noise from walking on pavement gives them away as bike shoes.

Nashbar has 'em cheap I believe.

Side note: the multi-release Shimano SPD cleats that I bought for these are terrible for off-road riding! They release too easily. Having grown used to the original "single-release" cleat, I hate the multi-release.

Similar Products Used: Look MTB shoes, olde Shimano
Tim   Cross Country Rider [Apr 18, 2005]
Strength:

Looks good, tough shoe, holds up well to most punishment. Good still sole.

Wish there was something to hold the laces down, I have to tuck them into my shoe.

Great shoe for new SPD riders and a good value too. If you're really going to put the shoe to the test, buy more comfortable insoles. I used these for just about 2 months and they hurt my feet like crazy. I'll probably put a new insole in them and use them for a commuter shoe now, since they do look pretty good.