Carnac Brisbane Shoes

Brisbane

The Free-Ride sole is made of moulded natural rubber fitted to the use with MTB pedals on the SPD fixation standards.

The uppers are made of bovine leather and Mesh, that we have selected, and of a Reflexit side piece for security.

Steven B   Weekend Warrior [Jul 14, 2003]
Strength:

Looks and feels like a regular hiking boot, costs about the same. Due to previous leg injuries I need the extra ankle support from a hightop and these work well for me when my bike becomes a backpack on parts of a trail I have not yet mastered.

Elastic lace keeper is cheap. It stretches after a while so you have to loop the laces through so they fall to the outside of your foot or they are likely to get caught where you don't want them to. I'm no fan of velcro but there must be a better way.

I like the price, fit, and style. I hope to find another pair of these or similar Carnac shoes. Different lace keepers and color could be an improvement. Even without such upgrades I would buy these shoes again.

Similar Products Used: None.
OVERALL
fernando   Weekend Warrior [May 20, 2004]
Strength:

this is the best shoe out there, great looking, tough outer and rubber sole, had the shimano, which felt like a non flexible boot, these brisbane feel like a comfortable slipper, highly recommend. when you get off your bike you can walk /run and drive in comfort

the loop that holds the lace streches out, but the shoe in the whole is excellent

great shoe, fit like a glove and worth the price, do your self a favor get a pair/ i might just go get an extra pair, just in case...