Cannondale csoles-801 Shoes

Cannondale csoles-801 Shoes

csoles-801

[Jan 21, 2004]
Mog

Strength:

They chose the proper compound for the soles. They wear well, but are still sticky enough so that you don't slide down muddy hills.

They quit making them. Buy two or three if you can find them.

Killer shoes. Light, good looking, undercover. No one will know you are a gearhead, necessarily. A good alternative to my Sidis.

Time, etc.

[Sep 26, 1998]
Mark
cross-country rider

I ride about 16 miles every day and walk to class inbetween. These shoes are great. I can still walk in them but they are great to ride in too. Not too much padding to soak up lots of water. A little more synthetic materials would be a little better for drying though otherwise I would give it 5 chilis

[Oct 07, 2000]
Jer

Strength:

Very Comfortable,Very Casual.Price(Yeah,My girlfriend "The shop-a-holic" found them when we where visiting family back in "Yupperville"Mpls.Mn.).....Oh Yeah,By the way,Really plush-Over-the-Ankle-Chemistry makes these things work!

Not much preformance.Like other shoes,Takes a little break-in time.Lacing system needs refinement.(But I wouldn't kick the develepment team in the nut's)

I really dig these shoes,They've got so much going for them,I was a victum of the"Race Shoe"performance thing.(Great while we're riding,Suck's when we're not.Me and My woman(My prodominant riding partner.)Do"selective"trends in our riding.(In english)She say's whether we're going "Racing"or if we're going"Joyriding"(This is where I get to Drink and carry all that crap she waste's her money on home for her)(What a Deal Hah?)Side-stories,But your getting the idea.Super casual!Great for those APRES-BIKING deals.I love to shake my butt(Dancing when I'm Litt-up)and these are Definatly better for dancing than my Other HIPPIE shoes(SIMPLE CLOGS/TEAVA TERRA)......While on my machine[bike]I'd like to"Dial"up the spring tention on the pedals but won't out of fear that It would be to hard on the shoe and contribute to premature wear of the shoe[You know,being abusive.]After all,Their's a day&night differance between these and my racing shoes,And I respect and use each for their strenths and unfortunatly,their weeknesses.......Score,5 for price(We got 2pair for less that $75bucks)3 for overall(PERFORMANCE-SHORTCOMINGS-TREAD LIGHTLY/Don;t beat on them to hard or you will wish you didn't.

Specilized Comp/For when I Pretend to be a Gorrilla on Crack!-----Or riding with the Posse!

[May 01, 2000]
Sachi

Strength:

Good looks

Weigh a TON

They are great after a ride to walk into the bar or local pizza shop.
The frogs aren't really good for these shoes either. Some minor adjustments to the show had to be made. Part of the rubber sole was cut away to allow the cleat to fit properly.
From what I was told the C-Soles also would hit the crank when I'm trying to get in or out. I haven't yet had that problem.
Overall they are good shoes just wish they were lighter.

Keds

[Apr 16, 2000]
Scott

Strength:

Looks pretty good

Laces, cleat placement, not stiff enough, too narrow

This shoe has so many weaknesses. The laces fell apart in weeks. The cleats are recessed into the shoe making it difficult to get you shoe into the pedal at times. Worst of all these shoes caused extreme pain in the meatarsel bones of my feet. I ended up at the doctor and the physiotherapist because of the pain. I stopped riding for the last month of the fall season because of these shoes! This spring I got them out again and put in my new $300 orthotics. Well the pain is back and I am now going to have to scrap the shoes and get a new pair. I only hope that my local bike store will take them back. Needless to say I am very disappointed with these lousy shoes.

[Feb 24, 2000]
Michael Greggs

Strength:

Not a bad looking shoe. I wanted a shoe that would look and feel like a sneaker.

Due to lack of padding, cleat digs into the bottom of my foot and causes a lot of pain.I am going to add new inserts and hope that this will solve the problem

A very uncomfortable shoe. Hopefully I will have better luck with a different brand.Would welcome some suggestions.

This is the first bike shoe that I have bought.

[Jan 18, 2000]
Jason
Please Select

Strength:

Not much

Water retention
Poor construction
Crappy laces
Sole not very stiff for cycling but too stiff for walking
Cleat setup is the worst of all

I bought these shoes for a fair bit of money and was hoping I would get what I paid for - well these shoes suck the big one. The construction when I looked at them looked very good and so far the bulk of the shoe has held up except for the following gripes.
If you ride through creeks, puddles or in the rain prepare for your feet to get wet and stay that way - these shoes never dry out.
The laces were basically stripped within a month of light usage.
I like to think I ride hard but after an hour or so the ball of my foot where the cleat is located is killing me. There certainly could be more padding or stiffness in this area.
The worst thing of all is the cleat setup. After lightly but snugly tighening the cleat I rode for several days but now after say 2-3 uncleats the things loosen up creating a dangerous situation as you can't uncleat. This was only after a month of usage. I replaced the whole setup (cleat, screws, ect) and after 3 weeks the same thing even if I really tightened them up.
I'm going to complain to Cannondale about these overprices pieces of shit and see what happens.

Specialized (can't remember model)

[Jun 26, 2000]
Drew

Strength:

Good for hike-a-bike
Cheap
Black

Flexy
Laces don't stay tight
Wide soles rub finish off crankarms

If you are looking for a pair of shoes for fairly casual riding, these fit the bill. They are perfect for around-town riding since they are basically hiking shoes with SPD cleats attached. They are also good if you ride a lot of trails that feature long unrideable sections.

But what makes them great for these purposes makes them a poor choice for those who need a hardcore riding or racing shoe. The soles are flexy and the laces-only closure is far less secure than ratchet or velcro strap closure systems. They are also pretty darn hefty compared to most other shoes. Again, these features are appropriate for the type of riding/riders for which the shoes were designed. If you
are looking for a racing shoe, look elsewhere, my friend.

I'm on my second pair of these in three years. This pair is a year old and has little visible wear, so they are obviously of good quality. The only gripe I have with these shoes is their wide soles rubbed the finish off my brand new crankarms the first time I rode my new bike. Oh well, at least it gives me an excuse to upgrade soon. As if any of us need that!

Specialized Comp Mtn

[Aug 29, 2000]
Dan V

Strength:

Great for all around city biking. Can Walk around like a normal human being with no clicking.

Laces fall apart after a few weeks.

These shoes are the best all around sneakers I've ever owned. They do every thing I need them to do. I can ride across the city then get off my bike and walk around work all day. No need for two pairs of shoes. I can also run a hundred errands and walk into stores without sliding around on my cleats. The one complaint is the laces suck, but you replace those at any sneaker store.

If you are a messenger or do a combination of hiking and biking then I highly recommend these shoes. If you’re into the lycra thing and want efficiency on the bike then look elsewhere.

Specialized Race shoes