AXO Viper 2 Shoes

AXO Viper 2 Shoes

Slip into these shoes and you'll know that you've arrived at a new level of performance. Nothing comes closer to being the best than the Axo Viper, a ultra-hardcore elite racing shoe designed for hardcore competition and adrenaline-pumping extreme riding. These precision shoes feature a synthetic leather and breathable mesh upper with a reinforced plastic heel counter that helps the shoe maintain its shape no matter how far you push it. The Viper offers Axo's exclusive "Z-Fit" compound Velcro® closure system for an enhanced custom fit. The SPD®-compatible design features an exposed mounting surface, so you don't have to worry about making cuts to install cleats. Designed for elite racing and extreme off road riding Replaceable toe spikes Rigid one-piece co-molded mid and outsole. SPD® compatible

[May 21, 2003]
Damon

Strength:

Lasting like quality should

worn buckle straps at loop over on inside only after nearly 2 years of w/end riding

I'm not looking yet but hope in the next 2 years when these fall off that they are still on the market as these have not faulted once. Great cut, shape and secure last for my feet. no pain ever even on a few week epics and days in the saddle with wet feet. They are stiff and secure. The worns strapped were repaired by me with a little webbing and i expect them to go on into the next 2 years as they have thus far.
Great product i aquired through a little deal with the importers whom I must thank for bringing in such a great item. I understand we pay approx. $AUS300+ $US$170ish for them here and to be honest I couldn't care if they were more as quality such as this has no price.

Gaerne Lazers, Shimano, Nike etc

[Feb 27, 2004]
Steven Johnson

Strength:

Takes a lickin and keeps on spinning. Stiff. secure closure.

None... well I dis on the diagonal strap sometimes (These are original Vipers).

I have rode the sh... out of these shoes. I was going to get some sidi's when these finally die but they won't fit any better, look any better, and probably won't last as long. New AXO's in the spring....what could be better?

Specialized top of the line, Shimano M112s, Lakes.

[Apr 16, 2001]
Mark

Strength:

Work great with my Time ATAC Carbons, Cleats don't need to be cut, Wide toe box, Good traction

Unfortunately, you're going to pay for the quality. If you tighten the top velcro strap too much the top velcro ring feels a little uncomfortable on the top part of your foot(Note: I like to pull my velcro straps very tight and it is fine when I loosen it up a bit)

This shoe works great with my Time ATAC Carbons. This is the first year (6 rides so far) that I have tried clipless pedals and I have adjusted very quickly to them. I have taken these shoes through some pretty rough terrain (and water) and I was initially concerned about being able to cross rivers, climb steep hills, etc. I must say that I am very impressed with their performance. I did not slip at all on the wet rocks when crossing the river (The shoes came with two metal cleats but I haven't put them on yet). I was able to climb steep hills (50%-60%) grade (with the bike on my back) without slipping. I also want to mention the bike cleat and pedal setup. I'm pretty new at taking my bike on rough terrain so I frequently have to detach the cleat from the pedal. At times when I thought that I was going to fall over I somehow found a way to break free from the pedals and plant my foot on the ground. I must say that I am very impressed with this shoe so far. AXO definitely makes a great product.

[Jun 06, 2001]
arch

Strength:

They look awesome, fairly stiff sole, easy to get on and off, durable thus far...

When I was installing one of the spikes the hole got stripped. NM, I installed a thin washer after pulling the cleat back out and all is well now.

Great shoe that I would recommend to anyone.

None...

[Mar 27, 2002]
T C

Strength:

Fit, design, appearance, Fit, fit, fit, bottom line, fit.

Perhaps sole could be stiffer and could be a bit lighter.

Great fit for me and I tried a lot of shoes before I purchased these. Toe is boxy so it's nice a roomy. Fit like my old Shimano shoes, like a glove. Wasn't real sure about two velcro straps providing a good fit, but the Z strap makes up for the third strap and does the job. I've only worn them for a few rides, but from the first ride they were comfortable, secure, and even though the sole may seem a little flexy, they seem to transmit plenty of power to the pedals. At least they are very stiff under the forefoot and only a bit flexy behind the arch area; better for when you have to hike-a-bike I would guess. I've got a ways to go to see how well they hold up but so far so good. They're a pretty good looking shoe also, not too flashy.

Diadora (ok), Shimano (nice), Nike (sucks),

[May 07, 2002]
Jason

Strength:

seems durable, moderately stiff sole, z fit closure system,
nice looking

great shoe that's hard to beat. i've put on almost 100 miles of singletrac on now in these and i am completely sastisfied. i got a steal on them on ebay. i like the color scheme and they fit great. excellent power transfer.
once these wear out i will buy AXO again.

diadora chiles