AXO Revolution Shoes

AXO Revolution Shoes

AXO Revolution - lightweitght, SPD compatible

[Dec 04, 2001]
Steve Smith

Strength:

Easy on off
Reasonably stiff
Work with Speedplay Frog Cleats

A little tight in the toe box
No reflective material

I was looking for a reasonably inexpensive shoe I could use with my Speedplay Frogs. Saw these at the Nashbar site for $24, so I figured I'd give it a shot. A little chunky, but fairly stiff. I really like the two strap closure system, but I think all shoes should have reflective materials sewn in. Also, one of the few shoes I've tried that work well with Frogs.

Diadora Jalapeno
Specialized something
Cheap Nashbar house brand

[Nov 08, 2002]
kevin

Strength:

I liked the easy in and out. Look good. Comfortable.

The sole broke where the cleat is and it went into the bottom of the shoe

i would not recoment these to anyone get the answer speeder. these broke and i wound never get any axo shoe again. i gave 5 flamin chilis because good price. olny o because they broke

Answer Speeder. get thoes not these

[Jan 10, 2002]
Scott

Strength:

Stiff Sole
Recessed cleat design
Reasonably comfortable to walk in off-bike

No toe cleats
Sole not waterproof (cleat plate area)

These shoes are a great entry levels shoe. It gets the job done, and cleat attachment is very simple. My only complaints- the sole does not have a waterproof gasket for the cleat plate, and the lack of toe cleats. This is a problem for me becuase parts of my fav. trails tend to be mud, and it's hard to run the bike up a hill when your shoes get little more traction than your tires. Other than these few flaws the are great, and they are a great value for the money.

[Mar 15, 2001]
Fernando

Strength:

Price

Good value and very comfortable, nice color

[Oct 12, 2000]
Sean

Strength:

Price - comfort - tread pattern for both street and dirt.

No reflective material - cold below 55 or so degrees. Spend money on booties, and you don't have to worry about wearing multiple layers of socks.

Good value, very comfortable, works well with my platform / spd pedals. Most MTB riders may like this, unless they feel they need to pay more for the same AXO quality.

[Aug 13, 2001]
Jon Downey

Strength:

Fit, comfort, price

Good shoes for the money

Specialized Rockhoppper, Answer

[Aug 20, 2001]
Drew Shock

Strength:

Two velcro straps make for easy entry exit, comfortable, easy to walk in yet plenty stiff for riding, look like cool bike shoes, low price

Nothing really, but my 98A cleat has to be extremely tight to keep it from moving when I twist the shoe to clip out.

Love 'em, and they fit my semi-wide foot OK if I wear thin socks.

For reference: Size 45 fits my 10.5 - 11 American size foot.

Would have given 4.5 chilis if I could.

These are my first cycling shoes, used basketball shoes previously