AXO Filter 2 Shoes

Filter 2

• Lightweight breathable Cordura® mesh/split grain upper.
  • Long lasting AXO rubber Skate-style outsole.
  • Neoprene inner ankle support.
  • Use with or without SPD® style pedals.
  • Stiff nylon midsole disperses pedaling loads.

• User Reviews (4)

Andrew Marcucci   Weekend Warrior [Mar 17, 2002]
    Strength:

Looks, Comfortable, Simi Stiff, Good SPD Platform Shoe

A Recommended Product

Adam   Weekend Warrior [Feb 10, 2002]
    Strength:

Comfy, stiff enough for it's type, easy to walk in, warm,(if that's a strength)seem well made.

I'd prefer a scosh more room in the toe box, but that's what I get for buying sight unseen...

I haven't added cleats to these yet due to monetary constraints but so far(I've used them only once)I like these: Purple Possum told me I'd be able to send them back for exchange but when I tried them on I was happy enough with them to forget that & just run out for a tv antenna as my cable had been cut off.

I even showed them off to the salesperson at Video Only I was so taken with them...

I may 'update' this item as I get more experience with them but I bought them for colder weather & their h2o proofness & have yet to try them out for that.

I would recommend these for casual use(I don't do anything else so can't speak for downhill or jumping or whatever these were intended for)

They are too warm for regular use for me anyway: perhaps in cooler places this would be a good thing.

I think they were a pretty good buy for $40.00 shipped.

Similar Products Used: recalled Cannondale c-soles, Adidas road shoes,
    Shimano shmo80, Answer Speeder, Diadora Jalapeno(if they can be said to be 'similar')
    Harold   Weekend Warrior [Mar 21, 2002]
    Strength:

Looks great; nice for wide feet; comfortable; warm; water resistant; easy to install cleat; velcro strap keeps laces out of the way.

A bit slippery when you use them to walk on wet places; *long* laces (though you just strap them down w/ the velcro.

Fantastic shoe and an incredible buy. Not knowing these were cycling shoes, my wife and friends noticed them immediately and said, "Cool shoes." It's easy to install the cleats and there are no problems stepping into the pedals. I commute daily 16 miles roundtrip in the Seattle rain---these shoes have made my ride much, much more comfortable. They're water-resistant and so perfect for the drizzle. Like any non-waterproof shoe, they soak up lots of water when the rain is dumping down. I've used the shoes only during cold weather, but feel that they'll be comfortable for any season (esp. since Seattle is never hot). If you're looking for a great everyday shoe, esp. a commuter shoe, the AXO Filters are perfect.

Similar Products Used: Performance bike touring shoes; Diadora road shoes.
    will watts   Cross Country Rider [May 08, 2002]
    Strength:

looks good, strong, comfortable, sturdy

kinda heavy but what do you expect.

good product for those who want clipless pedals without having to wear mountain shoes and the ability to walk around in them around town