AXO AXO Tiburon 2 ATB Shoe Shoes

AXO Tiburon 2 ATB Shoe

mikey   Weekend Warrior [May 13, 2002]
Strength:

Very cheap, light, "doesn't look like a cycling shoe", came with a sticker.

Smelly. Very smelly. Also laces got caught in velcro and got kind of shredded. That one was probably my fault.

These are my first clipless shoes. I haven't had any problems with them, they are very lightweight, not too stiff to walk in, and have held up to the light abuse I have given them. The only problem is they STINK! They smell so bad my wife wouldn't let me keep them inside for 2 months after I bought them. Even now they still smell like I'm in the middle of a Payless Shoe Store. I give them 4 chilis overall though, because as long as I'm riding I can't smell them.

Similar Products Used: Vans and flat pedals previously
OVERALL
Steve Smith   Cross Country Rider [Jan 05, 2003]
Strength:

Affordable, durrable, comfortable, they protect your feet well.

The cleets are not recessed enough. Thbe shoe string/velcro combo makes it hard to keep from tearing up your shoe strings with the velcro.

These shoes are great to get started in and see if you want to go clipless. If you have asperations to become a racer or get very serious with the sport you should skip this level and go on to a better shoe. Great for the weekend warior. nice overall shoe. I have enjoyed them and will keep mine for a backup/cold day ride shoe.

OVERALL