Answer Tecopa Shoes

Tecopa

• Rugged shoe with mid-top support
  • Thick canvas uppers
  • Breathable mesh to wick sweat
  • Rubber toe and heel bumpers

• User Reviews (6)

Ido Mazor   Cross Country Rider [May 06, 2001]
    Strength:

Comfortable, nice looking.

none.

Very comfortable in all aspects of off-road riding, both in long trips and races, up and dowm hill.
    Very comfortable off the bike - walking, driving etc'. no need to replace shoes all the time.
    Very nice looking, you don't look like a clown in a restaurant etc'.

TODD C.   Weekend Warrior [Aug 25, 1999]
    Strength:

Very comfortable fit. These shoes are mid cut and provide more protection than support around the ankle. They are good looking enough to wear inside a store or a resturant (am/pm, McDonalds, etc.).

The shoes comfort could lead to a weakness. The soles are not rigid, but since I dont want a rigid shoe, these are perfect.

Comfortable and lightweight. The shoes look good with black laces and have enough traction to carry your bike on your shoulder up a steep hill.

Similar Products Used: First pair of shoes
    Rob Byrns   Cross-Country Rider [Aug 12, 1999]
    Strength:

Great fit.
    Long Wearing.
    High Top to protect ankles.
    Not very aggressive tread, therefore you dont pick up alot of mud when you have to get off in the muck.

Orange shoestrings are a little loud for me.

This is a good looking shoe. I like the fact that the tread is not to rough. It is a nice blue and black with orange shoestrings. First thing I did was replace the strings with some black ones. That did it.
    High top protects your ankles in the rough stuff.
    Cliping in is easy with my 636's.
    I would recomend this shoe to anyone.

Similar Products Used: Specialized.
    Performance.
    Mountain Man   Weekend Warrior [May 31, 1999]
    Strength:

Excellent fit
    Great looks
    Solid construction
    Good price, great value

My wife didn't buy them for me

These are a great pair of shoes. I've got really big feet, and they are wide, but I didn't have any fit problems at all. The shoes, being a mid-cut have excellent ankle support for those hike-a-bike sessions, as well as a really great sole. The Tecopas have a really snug feeling around the heel from a band that wraps it, but it gives a really secure, no heel lift fit. The looks are great, just like a hiking boot in a really nice blue and black colouring (but still not looking like a bruise). I actually got a deal on mine as they didn't have the eyelets punched into the shoes on the right shoe's upper, but I told the LBS guy that I'd buy em if I got a deal on em, and just punch the holes myself, and got 25 bucks off, so not too shabby. He was offering to get me a rush pair from Answer but I figured why bother??? If you are looking for an attractive pair of shoes that are super comfy, check these out, they should satisfy pretty much everybody. They also worked great with my Shimano pedals without any shaving of the sole. A definate plus! All in all, a great purchase! I've only had em a short amount of time, so I don't know what the long term durability is going to be like, but they look like a quality shoe to me! I give em 5 flaming hikers

Similar Products Used: Most other shoe makes from Shimano,
    Specialized, Lake, etc...
    Frank   Weekend Warrior [May 07, 2001]
    Strength:

Good wearing comfortable shoe. I used these riding in all kinds of conditions 2-4 times a weeks for over 3 years. I finally bought new ones when one of the lace straps wore thru. Great traction on hike a bike sections.

Can be a bit cold on the cool days. The mesh venting does great in the heat but passes cols air also. I just wore neoprene socks when it got cooler.

I would of bought another pair if the shop had them in my size but I ended up buying a pair of Diadora's

Roj   Cross Country Rider [Aug 10, 2004]
    Strength:

Now over 4 years old and only just starting to fray at the ankle. Nice and comfy, look pretty good. I like the orange laces.

A bit cold for winter use, due to venting mesh at the front, Plastic sole now has deep grooves where the cleats are - gonna fail soon. The extra padding round the ankle has rubbed the black finish off my crank arms.

These have lasted me ages and have become a favourite part of clothing for cycling. Top pair of shoes for MTBing take all sorts of abuse - just stick em in the washing machne and the come out great again.