Answer Flatfoot Shoes

Flatfoot

Rob Brown   Downhiller [Oct 24, 2000]
Strength:

Cost, looks, comfort, sole,

heel slips out of shoe.

I can't find a shoe I like better than this one. I liked the comfort and protection of the Vans shoe but the sole sucked. This shoe's sole is great. When I'm clipped, it feels like I'm on a bmx platform pedal because the rubber is deep enough to touch the whole pedal. When you first get them it's a little difficult to clip in, because the rubber is so low, but it only takes a week to wear down enough to make it easy to clip in.

Similar Products Used: Vans Duelist
Julian Evans   Weekend Warrior [Feb 26, 2000]
Strength:

Styilin', Confertable, cheap, cheap, cheap.
Warm too.

Laces. Don't dry fast.

Let your wallet decide. These shoes are the cheapest thing next to sandles. And crappy sandles at that, get them for 20 bucks at supergo. Not the best shoe, but good for a tight budget.

Similar Products Used: flat pedals and running shoes
Jesse   Weekend Warrior [Jan 22, 2000]
Strength:

Inexpensive
Stylin' (for an SPD shoe)
Comfy (for an SPD shoe)

Poor quality construction

Well, they look good, and are pretty comfortable, but the constuction wasn't all that great, I cut out the sole to find the cleat installation slots weren't centered where they should be. I had to cut out an additional part of the sole so I could mount the cleat far enough in so the shoe wouldn't rub on the crank.

The right shoe was also noticably larger than the left

Overall Id say these shoes are just OK overall. The low price helps make up for the lack of quality

Similar Products Used: my first
jayman   weekend warrior [Oct 14, 1998]

The answer flat foot shoes are the bomb!! These things are great for ridding anything, like a couple of weeks ago I was riding and I skidded on tem at least 500 ft. without any rips or tears.Flat foots are also super comfortable and look like regular shoes!
If you're looking to buy some new shoes these are the ones!
ride hard
Jayman

DaveE   weekend warrior [Oct 06, 1998]

Hey, 1st, I ride everyday, but I'm none of the above... maybe freerider would be more accurate if a bit cliche; well I do everything from XC to DH to jumping about. Ok, ok, I have a rigid bike, but that's cos I'm poor. Yes, DH is poor and hurts on a rigid bike before you ask! Well I left them outside one night by accident, and a fox got them :'((((
*Anyway*, these are THE BEST shoes ever!! I used them with my shimano Pedal and they were sweet. They felt great, looked great, and the quality was excellent... now you're wondering why this is all in the past tense, eh?
I was mad!!! I reckon I'm gonna buy the same pair of shoes twice in a row for the first time in my life, but that might have something to do with the fact I hate dodgy looking SPD shoes (shimano, anyone?) and these were he only good looking ones I found in any of my LBSs.I would recommend these to anyone. Definately 5 chillies.

Tom   Weekend Warrior [Mar 30, 2000]
Strength:

Insanely cheap
Comfortable walking in

Don't provide a whole lot of support when riding
A little bit tough to clip into but that could be the pedals

If you want a pair of comfortable shoes for lazy day rides, these are the shoes. They look good, you can walk in them without looking like a woman who just broke the heels off her high heels, and they are CHEAP! The doeside is that they are just fabic uppers. If you try to pull up on the pedals for more power, you feel like you're gonna come out of the top of them. Overall they are a great buy for what they are.