Answer Accelerator Shoes Shoes

Answer Accelerator Shoes Shoes

Answer Accelerator Shoes

[Jun 23, 2003]
Cathy

Strength:

great fit, have lasted forever

treads starting to wear

I wrote a review of these shoes back in 98, and they are still going strong. I ride 3 to 4 days a week on rough rocky Arizona terrain and they have never failed me. The tread on the outside of one shoe is starting to delaminate but nothing serious, and a couple of stitches in one toe have worn through (been like that for several years). The soles are still very stiff but the leather is like sweet yellow butta.

I too would like a new pair of shoes cuz I'm sick of looking at them and so are my pals. The XC1 looks like it could be a good replacement...but I can't justify it when they work great. I can only hope that they die soon or get stolen. Five flamin hot ones!

[Oct 03, 2003]
Brian

Strength:

got them for a good price. lace flap feature is nice to keep laces from dangling. cool looking

fell apart after three months.

I bought these shoes to try out the clipless pedal system to see how I liked it. They worked very nicely until one day when I went to clip out with one shoe and the cleat just ripped the rubber surrounding it. they were a little beat up when I got them so it could have been from the fact that they were used. good if you can find them for cheap to try out clipless pedals.

[Aug 09, 2001]
Colby

Strength:

Great all around shoe, fits perfect. After 2000 miles, they are still as good as new.

It's p*ssing me off. I want a new pair but these won't die on me.

Been riding with these forever and they still fit and function better than my last bike (Specialized FSR Elite). The colors are flashy but cool looking. Got them on sale so I didn't expect to keep them for so long, I have ridden more than 2000 miles in every weather possible from winter blizzard to hurricans. I have crashed many times but the only thing that survives to this day are these shoes. D*amn Accelerators! I want new shoes!

Shimano

[Jan 02, 2000]
Craig Sandstrom

Strength:

Well they look good?
I got a good deal.

Alright, I race hard and these are the only race shoes I've had. They a torn to hell. All the spikes broke off withing the first 2 months. The velcro is frayed. The crappy shimano sole is almost gone. Shoe isn't stiff.

Even though I'm still wearing them, they weren't a very good shoe. Good for a weekend rider. Get a cheaper shoe that has the same performance.

AXO causual shoes. I have raced in them when I forgot my others. There isn't one frayed thread on the shoe.

[Jul 19, 1999]
bill
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

comfortable for a wide foot

soles disintegrating and peeling off

nice shoe except for the soles. the bike shop i bought it from just said S.O.L. i am contacting answer and will see if they are sympathetic, yeah right. you would think if they built a shoe like this it should withstand a stream crossing, and a very little trail walking. less than a star 'cause the soles fell apart.

shimano

[Jul 16, 1999]
Bryan
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Fit and thus comfort

Soles

Boy do I wish I had found this site before buy 98 accelerators from Price Point. Thought the price was outstanding for a shoe like this. However, after 2 weeks of riding the tread started to break off and then the sole started to delaminate just like the other reviews. This is with less than 1 month of riding with them. Will be in touch with both Price Point and Answer but sounds as if this may be a waste of time. Whatever you do don't buy these shoes unless you like pissing money away. Even if you could get these shoes for free DON'T!!!! I'll give one star for the comfort.

Specialized

[Oct 01, 1998]
Bob
cross-country rider

Bought a pair of 97s in early spring. Within 2 months, the soles were shot and the stiching was coming undone. Sent them back to Answer for replacement. 1 MONTH LATER, I finally got a pair of 98s. Guess what, I had to glue the rubber back onto the sole after only 3 rides! Don't waste your money, you are better off putting on a pair of loafers once the soles let go. The should stick to bike hardware. nuff said. (1 star is generous)

[Jul 20, 1997]
Darlene
weekend warrior

I bought a pair of these and used them for about three months. I feel they stretch to much and replaced them with a pair of Sidi and I am much happier. Goes to show you get what you pay for.

[Jul 09, 1997]
Aaron Jarc
cross-country rider

I have a pair of 95 accelerators. The soal is still as stiff as hell. A bit of were and tear like the toe pealing off but that's about it. All you people giving these shoes bad marks should check your selves into a loony bin. Three seasen's out of these shoe's for $200.00(canadien funds), I'll definitly be buying another pair of these. Answers Accelerators are the best ...... in the world.

[Dec 29, 2000]
Bill

Strength:

Strong nylon, no tears yet. Ok in comfort.

Bottom rubber soles started to tear away when I rode with my shoe unclipped. I could basically see the inner sole. Very generically made might I add. But its a decent shoe, the price is moderate, not a deal but something you'll need to invest in sooner or later if you want performance. It's UGLY. Red yellow black, what the hell was I thinking???

Buy it if you got a GREAT deal otherwise ditch em. They are ugly, I can't stand to look down sometimes when i'm in the public. Durability-wise they are decent. Except that one tac has fallen off and I returned to using no tacs. If you ever ride the Dip sea trail look out for it. They hurt if the velcro straps do not sit aligned. The outside material is great. If you have a red bike, some dough, and want a decent pair of shoes this is for you.

first bike shoes since sneakers