Adidas Voltage Shoes

• Torsion outsole
  • 3 strap closure
  • 3D Mesh upper for comfort & ventilation
  • Perforated tongue
  • EVA sock liner with arch support
  • TPU heel counter
  • TPU toe cap

BeneJoe   Cross Country Rider [Jan 22, 2009]
Strength:

-Extremely light (770 g/pair), you won't even notice that is on.

-Solid sole system which is not typical in this category (below 100 bucks).

-Three velcro stripes, that hold your feet tightly.

-Well ventilated, which is really cool if you go on hot summer rides.

-Name "Voltage" really matches this shoe, it looks like a high voltage area! I like it, but this is subjective...

-When the weather gets colder, well ventillated means freakin' cold...a windproof cover helps.

-The leather at the nose of the shoe tends to get damaged by rocks, because thers is no in bulit cleat (but you can use any type of ordinary football cleats) in the front of the sole. Get a pair of cleats and you won't experience this problem as I did.

I think ADIDAS Voltage is a great MTB shoe, I had no quality problems during the two years' use. Shoes with this type of sole are usually more expensive, so I can onle recommend it.

I wrote nothing about cleaning part, but I found it to be easy to clean as there are mainly leather parts in it.

If you are seeking a light, but solid shoe, and do not want to make compromises on the quality, Voltage is a fine and moderately priced solution!

Similar Products Used: None - this was my first MTB shoe.
OVERALL
steoo74   Cross Country Rider [Aug 21, 2008]
Strength:

Price, looks.

None so far.

This is my first pair of Shoes for Clipless pedals and thus far I'm satisfied. They dont cost an arm and a leg, and I haven't found any compromises yet. Granted I dont have anything to compare them to, but they're comfortable, look sharp and didnt break the bank when I bought them.

They're pretty light and are easy to tighten + loosen with the three velcro straps across the foot.

Def a good shoe for someone stepping into their first set of clipless pedals like me.

OVERALL