Adidas Plush Shoes

• Elastic ankle gaiter
  • Hidden quick lace
  • Platform pedal + Rock friendly rubber outsole

TurboSN95   Weekend Warrior [Jan 23, 2009]
Strength:

Well made, no laces to get caught in chain, excellent protection since they are high tops. I can drive with these on, walk in stores, they are like regular sneakers but a little stiffer.

like the others said, if you were going to race they would be considered heavy. I did get some water in mine during winter use, perhaps i didn't put that little seal in correctly??

If you can get these for a good deal and don't care about weight, grab them. I don't have a lot of experience with these products, but I do like these quite a bit.

Similar Products Used: These are my first pair of MTB shoes.
schneidie   Downhiller [Oct 27, 2008]
Strength:

Clipless shoe, good fit, can walk in them

weight i guess

Good shoe if you get a good deal on them. They are a good way to get into XC or Am riding, they're durable as heck and would definitely do the job for DH. I haven't had any problems with them , and if you want a comfortable shoe, look at these.

Similar Products Used: Six Six one, adio skate shoes
Yuri Makassiouk   Cross Country Rider [Aug 17, 2006]
Strength:

It's actually possible to walk in them. Not like hiking very much, but you do not have to creep at least. I know bike shoes are not for walking, but on some technical rocky patches I found it very useful to have some traction if I had to do an "emergency dismount" and hold on to last shreds of balance. Saved me from falling at least a couple of times.
I have seriously wide feet and it's usually a problem to find something that fits well. Tried different shoes in shops but could never find anything to fit well.
They look very nice, too (me thinks)

The plastic thingie that holds the lace/wire - one part of it snapped right off (supposedly, in my suitcase, on a plane). So far it didn't seem to affect anything - it still holds and the little wheel that tightens the wire is not falling out by itself.

Very, very nice shoes. Definitely high end by quality and comfort. I'd guess, too heavy to race, but quite nice for recreational/training trail rides. Being able to walk without bending knees backwards is a large plus.
Recommended (well, I got a very good deal with a friend, so look at your budget). I'm not giving the highest rates only because I lack experience with a lot of different shoes.