Adidas El Moro Shoes

• Semi-aggressive sole
  • MTB clipless pedal system

Sean   Cross Country Rider [Sep 02, 2007]
Strength:

Venting, adjustable top strap (holds laces), stiff sole, grippy rubber tread. Good alternative for someone not wanting a full-on race SPD shoe.

Narrow shoe, symmetrically pointed toe was uncomfortable by pushing my big toe inward. Narrow tread width on heal reminded me of track shoes.

I really liked the sytle of these shoes, but after wearing them a few times in my house they just weren't feeling quite right (read narrow). I have normal width feet, but I was already a size larger than I would normally wear. Returned shoes before using them on the bike.

Good shoe for the retail price, but will need to try them for fitting.

Similar Products Used: Cannondale Roam
cocamoxb   Weekend Warrior [Sep 21, 2006]
Strength:

Comfy, snug, good thick sole, and they are about as light as the cross-training sneakers I wear around town.

None so far.

They were 40% off due to the store moving and being 2006 model. Two pairs left and one was my size. They feel comfortable and I could wear them as normal everyday-type shoes.

Similar Products Used: None, this is my first clip-in shoe.
Chuck   Weekend Warrior [Apr 28, 2008]
Strength:

Bought these sight unseen as an '07 closeout because I tried on the 08 version at my LBS. Big mistake! The '07 is much narrower in the toe box than the current model. I debated over the more technical shoe versus the casual, "comfortable" nature of these shoes. Overall I think it is a nice shoe but the quality is not what I would expect from Adidas. The velcro strap will break, not sure when, but it is a crappy design and hits me in the wrong place. I would like the strap to pull the sole tight to the base of my foot, but this one just pinches the circulation on the top of my foot without holding the sole at all. They look nice, when they are clean, but I don't think they will provide much traction in wet or muddy conditions - which we don't get much of out here.

Velcro strap design/placement

Good entry level shoe for weekend warrior