Zoic Rocket-T jersey Jersey

Zoic Rocket-T jersey Jersey

Zoic Rocket-T jersey

[May 27, 2000]
Nick Grba

Strength:

Extremely comfortable
Very Un-jersey-like
Stylish
Excellent wicking properties
Very breathable
Did I mention how confortable it is?

None yet.

Once you try one of these excellent T-shirt-like "jerseys", you'll never go back to cotton!
I got 2 of 'em @ rei-outlet.com for $8.50 apiece! I would gladly pay double that.

Cotton T-shirt
Patagonia Capiline

[Mar 09, 2001]
Pup

Strength:

Righteous comfy, wicks like silica gel
looks STAR
no neon geckos or unicorns or crap
no stupid zipper to chafe your chin / neck
totally affordable
impossible to damage in any way.

Dumb Zoic keeps tweaking the color sets every year. The black collar year was a bad call, kids.

This is an update to previous review of Rocket tee, below:

What are these made of-- steel?

I have two Rockets I swap out, over and over and over again. They must have been washed what, four hundred times??

After TWO SOLID YEARS of wearing nothing else: No evident wear, a little pilling but nothing major.

I crashed myself into the hospital, taking the entire brunt on my helmet and right shoulder point. Total damage to jersey? 1.5mm square "snag" spot, that you really have to look for to find.

Add to that that these buggers actually drape, fit, dont sag like a beer belly or do that stupid sausage casing thing, you cant buy a better jersey tee.

Extra benefit, in the high desert it wicks your sweat so fast you get crusted with salt all over, big white dust clouds of it! but you stay comfy and cool.

Twenty stars.

Basic Descente and etc roadie jerseys

[Nov 15, 1999]
RaverRave

Strength:

Price, feel, colors, functionality, does not look like a cycling shirt, more like a cool t-shirt.

Fabric can begin to look a little ratty after many washes (make sure tfollow washing directions to help avoid this problem).

This is the cycling shirt to get if you want something to wick sweat, breathe well, and protect a little from the wind, if you don't want to pay an arm and a leg, and if you want something that looks more like what you'd wear to a party than on a bike. Very stylish. Zoic even sells a version of this shirt, minus the rear pocket, in various hipster club wear boutiques here in San Francisco.

Swobo wool jersey, Pearl Izumi, regular cotton shirts.

[Sep 02, 1999]
Donald Fredrick
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Extemely Functional- wickes,drys, and looks normal, very affordable

I totaly dig this jersey...I mean t-shirt... I mean jersey. It looks like a t-shirt except for the one pocket in the back and its made from wicking material. I got it way cheaper than my bros get their SUPER jerseys and I ride, feel and look better. From the company that made the Pointed Rayes. Those guys are totaly on it.

cotton Ts. Misc. team jerseys

[Jul 26, 1999]
Pup

Strength:

SUPER COMFORTABLE CUT!!!
Wicks sweat and rain away
No zipper to pinch your neck

This jersey is designed by someone who actually knows how to fit clothes! Loose and comfortable across the shoulders and back, without bagging, catching on things, or binding anyplace. Amazing.The fiber really does work better than a cotton t-shirt to keep the sweat off, and dries off from rain and mud pretty quickly too. This jersey rocks. Five flaming chilies

Descente, similar roadie jerseys

[May 08, 2001]
ilakano

Strength:

It wicks!! and in the East Bay that's really important because if you don't ride when its hot, you never ride out here. Also pretty cool is the usual ZOIC plain colors. I hate Primal jersey's etc. I never want to be mistaken for a roadie logo clod. Its locally made and that's a big deal to me.

Like everything else ZOIC makes, this shirt is great. I only wear ZOIC if I can help it. Only when its all in the laundry do I wear anything else to ride and I always regret it. I like to support local companies too.

Hanes t-shirts

[Jan 09, 2003]
George

Strength:

Looks and functions like a wicking T-Shirt rather than a bike jersey.
Good colors - I got one in cobalt blue, one in brick red, and one in mustard. All with black trim around the neck and sleeves.
Wicks perspiration like a champ.
Resists tears and rips.

Lint Magnet - picks up every bit of foreign material in the washer (Hang dry the wicking fabrics - DON'T run them through your electric dryer!)
Fabric pills up after the first wearing and the shirt looks ratty after that- you won't impress anyone with your looks.
Sleeves are sort of tight. I have pretty big arms, and conventional bike jerseys are way too tight on my biceps so I usually go sleeveless. This shirt os a bit too tight for my liking, but that's just a personal thing.

This is a good workout jersey for an affordable price, IF you don't care what you look like. On my workouts I bike first, then bushwhack for about 5 - 10 miles through the sh*t, and then bike again, then trek again (call this a "BRICK" workout). Anyway, the jersey won't tear on Mesquite or cactus needles, but the fabric pills up after the first wearing and looks nasty. I would never wear this in a race or if I am concerned about looking good, but it's a cheap and good-functioning jersey.

Pearl Izumi; Sugoi; Nike; REI store brand. I've even worn Maxi UnderArmour for a bike /workout jersey before, and it works fine and wears like iron if you don't mind the spandex feel.