Pearl Izumi Kodiak Light Jersey Jersey

Kodiak Light Jersey

Pearl Izumi Kodiak Light LS Jersey: Brushed UltraSensor?-Thermal Light stretch fabric inside loft offers cold-weather comfort and warmth ? Full-length front zipper for ventilation ? Elastic cuffs and hem seal warmth in...

Tom   Cross Country Rider [Sep 18, 2006]
Strength:

Style, fit, FULL-Length zipper, temperature comfort range

This is simply the best transitional jersey I've ever tried. I find this jersey comfortable in a wide range of temps. It keeps me warm (with a wind blocking layer) in temps down in the low 40's, but won't overheat me when temps rise into the 60's. I usually set out to ride early in the morning. During Spring and Fall this means starting with temps in the low 40's and rising into the 60s by the time I return. The Kodiak Light simply has the broadest range of comfort I've ever experienced in a jersey. They are not cheap, but prior year models can be found on sale for under $50. Great jersey.

Similar Products Used: Performance Long Sleeve Jersey, Pearl Kodiak, Pearl long sleeve
OVERALL
Glenn Vernes   Cross Country Rider [Dec 19, 2002]
Strength:

Good moisture transfer, fit, quality, style, durability, long zipper.

Rear pockets too small, back could be longer.

The best long-sleeved jersey I've owned. It's just right for cool days on the road bike, chilly days on the mountain bike, and for winter rides with a technical undergarment underneath. I rode MTB the other day in mid-20s Fahrenheit w/a polypropolene t-shirt and it was just right. It's more versatile than a heavyweight jersey. It wicks sweat much better than my Fox poly/cotton jersey (but was more expensive) and has much better workmanship and durability than a cheap mail-order jersey. You get what you pay for. Mine is hunter orange-it's highly visable on the road and helps prevent my being shot when I ride MTB during hunting season. Gripes? Well, the rear pockets are too small (you can't stuff a rain jacket in them, for example), and the back is a little short for those with long torsos.