Ground Effect Rock Lobster Jersey

Ground Effect Rock Lobster Jersey

Avoid being boiled alive when the sun turns up the volume. The Rock Lobster boasts its own theme song for company, plus a stand up collar and long sleeves for shade on those long exposed days on the road. If the heat gets too stifling, just yank up the sleeves. Ground Effect's Intercool fabric wicks sweat away from your body and it dries at the speed of light - dead handy when you're on tour and reduced to hand

[Jul 05, 2002]
John

Strength:

Quality, comfort, price and good range of colours.

No more lycra for me, the Intercool fabric is spot on for the sub-tropical climate here. Great for chilly morning rides. Perfect for fending off skin cancer on hot summer grinds.
Feels good, looks good. I bought two!

Check out the "Jetson" vest also (not listed), I live in mine.

Lots of lycra and polly sausage-skin jerseys.

[Apr 03, 2002]
Paul Slater

Strength:

Given the weather in the UK I use this as a base layer for a lot of the year. When the sun does decide to blaze this top really shows its quality. The fabric helps keep you cool, the zip is long, the sleeves are easy to roll up and down, and the collar stops your neck getting sunburnt. It's good value too.

I haven't had any problems yet and judging by the high quality of other Ground Effect products I have used, I don't expect to have any.

Excellent product; in my experience it's unbeatable when your cycling in hot, sunny weather. Only one rider to all this glowing praise... I don't know if the weave actually blocks out UV rays in the way some manufactures claim their fabrics do.

Parrot, Lowe Alpine, Rohan.

[Jan 29, 2008]
Graham Mitchell

Strength:

Great material, design and fit. Good value.

A little fragile in dense bush.

Long sleeves and high collar are perfect/essential for very strong Australian sun (as pointed out by other Aussie poster).
Fabric wicks well and would seem to offer good UV protection; I have fair Scottish skin and have not experienced any adverse effects.
I am about to order my third Rock Lobster and thoroughly recommend them.

Sausage tops,