Showers Pass Century Elite Jacket Jackets

Showers Pass Century Elite Jacket Jackets

The Elite Century is ready for the commute with a taillight tab in the rear and folds up to the size of a small water bottle when not needed. Compact, visible, waterproof.

[Nov 14, 2009]
Slow and steady

Strength:

The jacket has good visibility and breathability. I love the tail length.

It was not waterproof. My upperback and shoulders became soaked. Also, the cuffs get soaked during a rain. The hood attached via velcro. This should be securely attached with a zipper. The hood should extend farther over the eyes to protect your face better from a hard downpour.

I would not recommend this jacket for two reasons. The jacket was not waterproof. I returned it to ShowerPass. They returned my original jacket with no explanation. Thus, the customer service is less than satisfactory.

Gortex

[Jan 22, 2006]
Jason E

Strength:

REALLY REALLY water proof, like the vents and the adjustable cuffs, breaths like a mofo, bright visible colors and reflectors, great service.

wish there were more subdued colors (not good for commuting though), did not come with naked hot chicks or any chicks for that matter

worth the money if u like to stay dry and comfortable

pearl izumi, dark continent, hind

[May 06, 2007]
Ryan

Strength:

Very beathable, waterproof, designed for cycling, pit zips, breathable, tall collar, optional hood that velcro's on, high quality construction, breathable, long enough tail so when you're tucked in aero position you won't get too wet, massive vent on back, and the list goes on. Oh..and did I mention it's breathable?

I would like to see the front of the jacket just a touch longer, but when you're on the bike, it's perfect.

If you ride in heavy fog, rain, or do multisport activities year around, I would use this jacket. It performs really well, you can't go wrong.

PVC cycling rain jacket (sucks), P.I. jackets

[Mar 08, 2006]
J K

Strength:

completely waterproof and breathable

slightly bulky for back pocket.

This jacket is brilliant. It seems to be completely waterproof but when I wear it I don't sweat anymore than I normally would, especially with the pit zips open. It is also wind proof so keeps the cold air out but doesn't make you overheat.
It is a snug fit so doesn't flap around too much. At 6'3 the large is slightly too short in the body but it is better than having an xl that fits too loose.
It rolls down small enough to fit in your middle jersey pocket but is still reasonably bulky. The century might be better for people in more moderate climates as it is lighter than the elite.
It makes getting on the bike at 6am a lot less daunting so it'll make you fitter.
Had good personal service from Dave the owner via email and he sent it free of charge to New Zealand.

[Mar 02, 2008]
Tom

Strength:

Very well constructed of the best materials

None. The cost is reasonable for what you get

I have worn this jacket in all kinds of inclement weather in Wa, Or, and now Mt and it has always kept me warm and dry. One of the most versatile and functional pieces of cycling gear I've ever ownded. Six months per year, I don't leave home without it.

Pearl Izumi (also good), various jackets from the bike catalogs