Gore Bike Wear ALP-X Jackets

Minimize your exposure to ugly weather with the super-lightweight Gore Bike Wear Men?s Alp-X Jacket. This essential protection combines the whisper-thin waterproof breathable Gore-Tex Paclite fabric to keep the elements at bay and allow your body to efficiently regulate its own temperature; touches of stretchy Gore-Tex Performance Shell endow the Alp-X with extra comfort and mobility.Innovative mesh panels at top of zipper allow you to get some ventilation without excessive exposureStow-away drop tail keeps your behind from getting soaked by road sprayHood adjusts for optimal vision and stashes in the collar when not in useGore-Tex stretch inserts maximize your range of motionNapoleon pocket gives easy access to essentials, while back stow pocket provides extra storageReflective logos at front and back make you more visibleSlim fit adds an aerodynamic profile and lets you add layers on top

HEMIjer   Cross Country Rider [Jan 02, 2012]
Strength:

light packs great gore tex and does what it is supposed to.

none, have to buy optional hood

This is a great jacket, have got stuck in down pours thunder lightning with this in the mtns a couple times now always does the trick. It breaths great and has some nice features like front vent flaps with velcro that hold them open for when rain dies down but you want to leave jacket on. Highly recomended. Takes up less than other rain coats I have ridden with and friends ride with.

I got it 50% off but is worth the coin.

Similar Products Used: bellwhether and none specfic rain jackets like north face this is 10 times better
OVERALL
jordenkl   Weekend Warrior [Feb 03, 2011]
Strength:

This is the ultimate jacket. Because it's super light, keep you warm, kepp you 100% dry and looks awesome.

Price

I have bought this jacket before 3 weeks ago, but i guess I bought it in the right time, I was looking for a light jacket that will keep me dry on winter time, but also will keep me warm. In the beginning I just couldn't believe I'm able to find one. But I did. I bought it in the right time because in my country, this days are rainy days. I was outdoor with this jacket over 3 hours in the rain, and guess what- this one kept me dry ( I mean, 100% dry, with out any single drop of water in side the jacket) and also kept me warm, it didn't kept me warm as a coat that I takes with me for extremely cold wather, but i can say it did kept my body heat in it for sure.The last thing i want to say is that because it's extremely light, I am able to store it in side my backpack, and it's also great for long rides, because it's just can't fry you. And the bottom line is- If you are an All Mountain or XC rider that search for the ultimate bike jacket, so, there you have it.