Gore Bike Wear ALP-X SO Men's Jackets

ALP-X SO Men's

Stay protected from nasty weather in the stretchy and soft Gore Bike Wear ALP-X SO Jacket.

kwoodward   Weekend Warrior [Feb 02, 2012]
Strength:

Lightweight, well-designed, quality, fit

A little pricey but worth it

I looked far and wide for a versatile MTB jacket that I could use year-round in all conditions (and wasn't neon orange, green or yellow and covered with logos) before deciding to give the Gore a try. I had recently purchased a Gore short-sleeve jersey, so had confidence in the company, but this jacket really impressed me with its overall design, quality and fit. The little things really make the difference from a design and usability standpoint ... you know, the stuff you would never think of yourself and come as a pleasant surprise. Like the overlapping cuffs or the innovative rear pockets. This jacket is so comfortable you could wear it alone without a T-shirt or jersey. The sleeves are removable. The color and overall style really hit the sweet spot. I typically wear an XL and the slim fit of this jacket means you should definitely size up ... XXL was just right for me at 6-5, 205. I'm pretty picky about the gear I put on my bike and on my back and couldn't be happier. Would recommend to anyone and gladly purchase another in a heartbeat. It has a $200 pricetag and a $20 off coupon made it a little easier on the wallet, but even at this price would consider it a great value ... Gore FTW.

OVERALL