Fox Head Fluid Rain Jacket Jackets

Fluid Rain Jacket

Clear polyurethane rain jacket. Polyurethane construction w/ polyester mesh underarms panels Soft Lycra collar and cuffs Reflective on back panel Front zipper with storm flap Sizing Sm Md Lg Xlg XXl Chest 34 - 35" 36 - 38" 40 - 42" 44 - 46" 48 - 50" Chest Measurement - Measure aroundThe fullest part ofThe chest, just underThe arms and aroundThe shoulder blades.

SnickleFritz4You   Downhiller [Dec 27, 2009]
Strength:

easy to store, looks great, keeps your jersey clean

tears easily, gets hot, mesh armpits let some water in

I've used this a lot when riding at the cottage or anywhere up north where it pours often. It's good when its a light drizzle or a heavy down pour. It WILL overheat if your riding in a warm climate. I'm really crazy when it comes to keeping my jerseys clean especially when I ride MX so this is an excellent jacket for keeping the mud off. When I'm done making a mess I just bring it home, spray it down, and hang it up so it's a lot easier to clean unlike srubbing away at dirt stains in your jersey.

Overall, you get what you pay for. It's got good ventilation, cool design, and its great quality. Fox has never failed me before and I don't think they're about to.

Endo KING   Weekend Warrior [May 15, 2003]
Strength:

Looks good when hung up in the garage, will not let water in.

Will not let water out, honest after 5 minutes of riding you will be pissed wet through on the inside and swaeting your nuts off. not enough venting, my wetsuit has more !

Hey it does what its supposed to, keep water out and it does keep you warm, would be suitable as a casul wear jacket if youre into that thing. Personally if youre after a rainproof jacket that doesnt fry you, buy something else & i love fox products !

Similar Products Used: Various wets, jackets, shells etc
Sprocketeer   Cross Country Rider [Feb 06, 2002]
Strength:

It's ventilated and waterproof.

It's hot and heavy in all but cold weather.

In Japan, where everyone rides a bicycle--though usually a huge, heavy "mamachari" (literal translation: a "momma's bike") they sell pretty good rain suits and such specifically made for cycling in every convenience and department store.

One day, on a typical hot and horribly sticky Tokyo area August day (during typhoon season) it started to rain like fire hoses. The rain was cold and I was only wearing lycra, so as the droplets blasted through my jersey it felt like getting stabbed in the back with thousands icy needles. Hense my purchase and short time use of this Fox's Fluid Rain Jacket.

I hadn't bought my top of the line FOX cycling jacket yet, but I had used convenience store cycling jackets on occassion--the cheapest, which only cost about $5--and this Fox jacket just seemed a very expensive, fancy version of the same thing--but it wasn't.

For one thing, this jacket is properly vented, which makes a world of difference. Anyone who has gotten a lot of use out of a good cycling jacket knows they can be very hot, even in the wintertime, if they're not vented at the back and armpits--the Fluid is.

I thought the plastic was kind of heavy, but when I went back out in the typhoon it proved to be a wise thing since not only did the rain not penetrate, the heavier plastic had prevented rapid heat loss as well.

Another thing you wont find typically in cheap jackets of other brands is that the Fluid is shaped for cycling. Sure, others are long in the tail, but they neglect the fact that a riders back and shoulders are hunched while riding.

Lastly, since this is an inexpensive jacket, you can feel free to alter it to the summer season; for instance, five steamy kilometers later, I cut off the sleeves.

It's great that Fox bothers to make something like this because most high-end brands wouldn't bother with something like this.

Overall, Fox's real strength is that no matter what they make, the quality is superb, even on something like this jacket, a logo baseball-style cap, or a t-shirt.

Fox always gets five flaming chilis from me.

Similar Products Used: A Tioga cycling jacket which can be put in a small stuff-bag, and a FOX something or other, top of the line cycling jacket (sorry, I forgot the model name).