Core Rat Bullit Proof Vest Jackets

Bullit Proof Vest

• Abrasion proof, Black 500 Denier Cordura
  • Water resistant, mesh lined for comfort
  • Fast drying
  • Cool racing stripe down front with matching colored liner, available in red, green, yellow
  • BEEFY metal zipper
  • Large rear pocket with flap
  • Sizes available : S - M - L - XL

• User Reviews (11)

Randy   Weekend Warrior [Feb 10, 2004]
    Strength:

Construction is first rate
    Looks stylish
    Sizing is accurate
    Rear pockets w/ storm flap
    Made by a cyclist
    Long "tail" flap
    Customer service

No interior or hip pockets
    Rear pockets not closeable
    Zipper on wrong side (left)

I was searching for a tough, heavy duty riding vest and Angie had what I was looking for - price, strength, reliability, and features. I have to say that it wears very well, I can wear just about anything under it and have room, and it's obviously designed by a rider with aggressive riding in mind. I have yet to get it really wet, though the snow rides and pickup hockey games have yet to phase it. Major props for having a nice long tail to keep things covered when on the saddle.

Let me defend the "weaknesses" listed above-
    I would prefer a small pocket either at the hip or inside for a set of keys or wallet, but I fully understand that by placing a set of keys on your hip it could really suck during a crash.
    I would definitely prefer to see some soert of closure on the rear pockets other than just the flap. While I know the flap will keep most things inside, we all know that if there's a way out, things will get out.
    Zipper on wrong side - I'm a guy, and expect to have the zipper on the right side. Absolutely no big deal, just unexpected. On the plus side - the zipper is huge and heavy duty and I cannot imagine breaking it.

FYI - pay attention to the sizing chart on the website. It is very accurate. My large is just perfect for me with a sweatshirt or cycling jacket underneath. Expect them to fit large if you only wear a pice of light clothing underneath.
    Overall I think I will be very happy with this vest. It was everything I expected and Angie was great to deal with on the phone.

Similar Products Used: none
    Ian   Downhiller [Jan 28, 2002]
    Strength:

The corerat vest is very strong and will not fall apart.It is a very comfortable vest as well

None.

The corerat vest is a very good vest especially for the price. It is very comfortable and is very durable. I have worn mine for about 2 years and I have not experienced any problems with it. I highly reccomend this vest for any hard core riders. Also it does not interfere with your riding unlike some of the bulkier vests, but it also cuts the wind quite well.

Martin Jarvis   Cross Country Rider [Nov 12, 2001]
    Strength:

Excellent workmanship, tough fabric, good looks, fair price.

None.

The Core Rat "Bullit Proof" vest is low flash and well built. It comes in black with your choice of stripe color. There are three roomy back pockets for food and parts, and it has a beefy metal zipper. The cordura nylon shell is built thick to hold up to falls and branches. If you ride in cold and/or wet and bash yourself around, you should take a hard look at this vest. Customer service is top of the line too. Check it out at www.corerat.com or call 1-888-868-7688.

Similar Products Used: Lots of other vests. I wear vests.
    mike   [Apr 08, 2003]
    Strength:

overall construction, heavy duty zipper, comfy, light but cuts the wind, looks good, customer service

zero

awesome product. nice and thin but warm as an extra layer, large back pockets for your stuff. can wear it out and look cool. angie is great to work with, credited me for shipping when it took longer to arrive then paid for and, in the meantime, was helping me track it down and emailing me. thanks. p.s.- recent story about angie on nsmb, pretty cool. p.p.s.- arm pads are nice, too.

Similar Products Used: other vests
    tommycee   [Apr 18, 2001]
    Strength:

bomber cordura nylon, super-burly zipper. looks better than any other vest out there.

not a one.

great vest, not just for biking. i wear it skiing, and almost every day just knocking around. the three rear pockets mean nothing in my front pockets. any type of rider can make use of this vest, but the hardcare riders will likely be the ones who appreciate the construction and cool looks.

Similar Products Used: there simply isn't another source for gear of this quality.
    zero   Weekend Warrior [Feb 04, 2001]
    Strength:

Kool looking, built strong so it doesn't rip or tear when i crash. cheaper than the roach vest. i like the core rat bullit proof alot better than the roach gangstA.
    i've been wearing mine snowboarding more than on my bike.
    crazy fast in getting me the vest, great service!!!

None!

the vest rules, i love it. buy it big so you can wear your hoodie under it.

Similar Products Used: ???
    Mars   Weekend Warrior [Jan 29, 2003]
    Strength:

durable, fashionable, purpose built, this baby will last, well priced

Buy this vest! You cannot go wrong, no matter what country or conditions you ride.

Similar Products Used: polar fleece vests
    Andrew M   [May 24, 2005]
    Strength:

Durability. My vest was either the first or second product I ordered from Angie (my leg armor being the other) and although the colours (black with red stripe) have faded a little the vest itself is like brand new.

None. Well, I could go for one zipper/velcro pocket for my keys, but otherwise none.

I've crashed in it lots of times. I've washed it lots of times. Except for some colour fade it looks like new. Provided I don't lose it, it's most likely the last vest I'll ever buy.

Kyle Ritchie   Downhiller [Mar 26, 2002]
    Strength:

really comfortable, affordable,durable, looks great, not to hot, doesnt rip

nothing so far

These clothes are affordable really nice great price and i highly recommed them to all x-treme riders out there.Also good for the casual where.