Urge Endur-O-Matic Helmet

Urge Endur-O-Matic Helmet

The lightweight and mega-versatile Urge Endur-O-Matic Helmet combines gravity-riding protection with hill-climbing ventilation.

[May 04, 2014]
VTSession
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Lite weight, extra protection, flexible visor, great price, unique look.

Could use a couple more vents, not for all head shapes.

I picked up this helmet so I could get some more protection than a standard XC helmet. So far its been great for day to day use and isn't really noticeably warmer than a traditional helmet.

Giro Hex

[Jan 12, 2014]
walden2018

Strength:

I specifically bought this helmet because it has more rear and side coverage than most helmets, and it definitely does. It feels like a very safe helmet, and fits well. Removable padding is a nice touch too.

I took off the visor, because it didn't line up strait on my helmet. The logos on the outside of the helmet and some of the velcro attach points that hold the padding were placed on the helmet in a sloppy fashion. They don't line up, and it seems like someone really wasn't paying attention when they put them on.

Cool helmet, but looks like it was build by a kid. I'll use it, but I think I'll go for something higher quality (Troy lee Designs) next time.

[Mar 05, 2013]
RipRoar
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Looks good.
Good back and side of the head coverage.

Minimal venting, probably good for NorCal winters will be too hot for summer.
If you like to put your glasses on top of your helmet in the vent holes your out of luck.
No adjustable retention system, most helmets of this price seem to have that.

Style wise I really like the helmet. It fit a little on the snug side with a L/XL and my head is not that big. If you have a big head, this probably wont be comfortable. I had to compress some of the foam in the back to clear that lump on the back of my head some people have. I like putting my glasses on top of my helmet upside down in the vent holes on long climbs. No go with this design.
I would have gave it 4 chillies but no retention system for a $100 helmet kinds blows.

[Aug 12, 2011]
dixie

Strength:

Simple design, snug fit and looks very cool.
A very different style of helmet to the usual variety available.

None so far. Possibly a bit hot in the summer on long climbs (only ridden in autumn and winter so far)

Very nice helmet to wear.
Snug fit.
The gangsta pad works well keeping sweat out of the eyes and face (which is great cause I have to ride with prescription glasses). The vents seem to work very well although I'm not sure how cool the helmet will be in the middle of summer.
I'll come back in February with a update.
I widely researched reviews by riders who've used this helmet on other sites and there doesn't seem to be anything negative to say.
If you're sick of the same old style of open helmet, then you'll love the urge enduro-matic.

Had the usual giro zen, fox helmets. Wanted to try something a bit different.