Troy Lee Designs A2 Helmet

• A2
  • A2 MIPS

[Jun 01, 2018]
SprSonik

Strength:

Incredible fit and airflow for a fairly solid coverage helmet. More comfortable than my Bell Super 2R. I almost forget it is on.

The side straps aren't adjustable, and the plastic strap connectors poke into the side of my jaw when riding. Nothing a few strips of black athletic tape couldn't fix.

Price Paid:
OVERALL
[Mar 24, 2017]
CrzyMD
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Dual foam for impact PLUS MIPS! Good ventilation. Light weight. GREAT fitting.

None I can think of!

just got the new A2. I previously have had at least 4 A1 helmets. This is a major upgrade. Fits the same, the visor is moveable, the strap redesign I like. It fits my head the best of any helmet I have used and is very comfortable. Ventilation is the same, or at least in my perception. Being a trauma physician, I am always looking for more protection (cycling is one of the leading sports for head injuries, due to the poor quality of cycling helmets). Most helmets for cycling are not rated for over 15 mph! And rotational force is probably more significant in head injuries that direct impact. That brings me to why this is a significant improvement in protection. It now has a dual layer (I think somewhere I read it was 30G’s on the soft material and up to 300G’s on the harder material). In addition to the dual foam progressive impact protection, TLD has now added MIPS for the rotational component. Put the helmet on your head and you can see where it works! Overall, very pleased with the upgrade and it is much more protection. Now if they just made a comfortable full face helmet that didn’t weigh a ton (tried the Giro, Leatt, and Bell convertable helmets and the fit and ventilation was terrible!), I would be even more happier. 30mph crash on a motorcycle is no different than a 30mph crash on a mtb! Seen a lot of facial bone injuries from not wearing a full face helmet! A XC crash can easily do that! I am looking forward to trying the new Fox PowerGrade to see if that is the answer…. Overall, if you are looking for an “enduro” style helmet, this is it!