Specialized Vice Helmet

• Extended rear coverage for ultimate protection and durability
  • Headset SL fit system
  • 4th Dimension Cooling - wind tunnel optimized Mouthport
  • "Bolted" visor attachment system
  • Light and simple U-Turn strap adjusters

Neal   [Nov 04, 2012]
Strength:

It's a helmet.

Pads are useless and cheap. Sweat runs right into your eyes. Regret purchase.

Will stick to Bells.

Candis   [Nov 02, 2012]

Strength

I'm a middle-aged woman. I was cycling down a steep bicycle path in Italy when I fell, headfirst, at great speed. My helmet saved my face. Possibly my life. I just wanted to say THANK YOU to the people who make them. Please keep you quality this high. I am so tremendously grateful.

mhmtbike   Weekend Warrior [Nov 01, 2011]

lack of padding

Good helmet. Excellent ventilation, lightweight, good protection, fit is good as well. My only complaint is the lack of padding inside. Other wise, a good helmet.

Similar Products Used: None.
bikebaron   Racer [Sep 21, 2011]
Strength:

fits well, venting is only fair, i expected more due to shape and vents.

Inner padding is pretty much useless, it fell apart in less then a month, trying to get replacement padding is futile. will never buy another specialized helmet again. bumped my head on my camper shell and the thing cracked in two places where the foam arches. sweat drip direction must have been designed to flow right into your eyes. petty stuff: stickers all fell apart... dents far too easily...

if your going for a nice AM/XC lid, and have 100$ to blow dont buy this helmet... spent a extra 50 and get a POC or something.

Similar Products Used: Giro Hex, i have about 5 other brain buckets... never spent this much on an AM helmet, won't ever again from specialized...
Raher312   Cross Country Rider [Feb 20, 2011]
Strength:

Alot of side, front and rear coverage, lightweight, good ventilation and comfy.

Far from streamlined, lack of color assortment.

With the protection this helmet provides you can be confidant out on the trail. It is a little pricey but then again it is a Specialized.

Similar Products Used: Giro, Specialized
cjz@vic   Cross Country Rider [Jan 15, 2011]
Strength:

Fit, comfort, venting - all excellent
Great Value

a bit heavier and larger than the higher priced helmets

If you have a long and narrow head like I do this will fit you fine. I thought that my Bell Volt had a great fit until I put this one on. Great value and it looks like it should take a bit of abuse... very happy about this one in the short time I've had it.

Similar Products Used: Bell Volt, Bell Sweep
Tzvia   Weekend Warrior [Apr 25, 2010]
Strength:

It has good coverage, extended front, side and rear. Good airflow, with lots of big vents, I'm pleased with how it feels so airy. It fits my head well; I had tried Bell and Giro and they both did not fit with the same comfort. It also adjusts easily and does not shift around.

Maybe a bit heavy compared to my road helmet, but I'm asking too much to think I can get an AM helmet that light without spending double. Makes me look like a mushroom, I look goofy in it.

Good helmet. It does not shift around, has good coverage, great airflow, great adjust ability and has reasonable weight. Mine does double duty, both mtb and commuting, so gets used at least 7 times a week, and I've found no flaws in the design or execution yet. The Giro it replaces was painful, heated my head, shifted around and was a pain to adjust, by comparison. When the time comes that you leave the little roadie helmet in your road kit and go looking for something beefier for MTB'ing, give the Vice a look.

Similar Products Used: Giro, LAS.