Specialized 05 Telluride Helmet

Specialized 05 Telluride Helmet

Our rugged mountain-inspired Telluride is designed for offroad use with larger vents, including massive rear exhaust port. It's the ideal helmet for epic singletrack adventures, keeping your head cool and vented, even in low-speed technical sections.

• PRO Fit retention system
  • 4th dimension cooling system
  • In-molded shell and foam
  • Light and easy to use U-Turn strap

[Jun 08, 2006]
Coby Melo

Strength:

Well ventilated. Good fit for my head

Slightly heavier than my previous lids. Its a big helmet.
locking system doesnt inspire too much confidence.

The helmet was on sale (40%off) and it was one of the few models I found confortable on my head. The Trek was another. The Giro didnt fit my melon well, as with Bell and 661. The cushioning pads are great. However, the back-of-the-head retention mechanism seems to be a bit flimsy and you need two hands usually to set it right. I fear,with age, it will loosen by itself. But it hasnt happened to me yet. The helmet looks big and makes you look like an alien. I dont mind really.
But the best aspect of this helmet is that it vents wonderfully. By far the coolest helmet I've used, even on slow speed technical sections. When the sun is just right, you can see three large rays of sunshine shining through the helmet's shadow in front of you. Thats how airy this lid is. 5 chilis for value (on sale) 4 for the comfort and airiness. slash off one chili for the retention system.