Rudy Project Zuma Helmet

• Fastex system
  • Custom padding

[Jan 29, 2013]
Adrian da Silva

Strength:

Good ventilation , especially in summer , helmet pads are good. Most helmets do drop sweat down to front of face when head is down when cycling . Therefore best used with a good sweat band , like one should do with most helmets. I think it is good value for money , for what features you get . I am very happy with the Zuma . I have used it for just over3 years now.

Can get quite a chill on top back of head in winter riding , thus indicates where ventilation is strongest. Velcro for holding on the padding falls off in some places after 2.5 years of use. Velcro too low in front of helmet, if padding is put in a little too high it scratches your forehead.

I think it is a great helmet, is good value for the quality helmet one gets. I think it passes in looks department. Might be a slight heavy , but still a awesome helmet. I will buy another , however , there is always newer & different looking helmets to buy. So I will see what is on offer when I am closer to buying another helmet , vs. the Zuma :-)

OVERALL
[Jul 15, 2011]
DMK

Strength:

stylish ,lower profile

poor ventilation as compared to Spec. or Bell, cheap quality pads, Rudy warranty /cust. serv. not good

this helmet has poor ventilation coupled with a pad design that directs sweat down face into sunglasses ,cap or headband is a must,not a warm weather lid.
Would not recommend this product