Pro-Tec The Classic Helmet

Pro-Tec The Classic Helmet

The Classic is Pro-Tec’sTried andTrue helmet. Equipped with a soft 2- stage liner and newly added EVA crown pad keeps your head comfortable and keeps your shoulders light. Small: 53-54cm Medium: 55-56cm Large: 57-58cm Extra Large: 59-60cm XXLarge: 61-62cm

[Aug 14, 2013]
sj esposito

Strength:

Hard shell, comfortable fit, great adjustment straps, doesn't look goofy at all.

Not so great ventilation.

This helmet suits all my needs and looks cool doing it. The quality of it is amazing for the price, and even the adjustment straps are well-engineered and put together. It does get a bit hot, but nothing worth deterring a rider from wearing it on a hot day.

[Mar 30, 2010]
John_Tonic

Strength:

I bought this helmet when I was 16, I'm 36 now. I've taking head on crashes on Vert ramps while skate boarding, and walked away. Smacked my head on rocks while MTN biking and rode away. I've used this helmet Spelunking, Snowboarding, Kyacking and aside from a few scratches the thing looks great.

A little on the warm side, poor venting....

Imposible to break. It's not junk after one crash.

[Mar 12, 2009]
Daveooo

Strength:

Bomb proof!

Have had this lid for 10 years maybe 11! have had many bumps, bangs, knocks, scrapes....etc, (but luckly no major crashes and not even dented or cracked it (it may have scrtched but its covered totaly in stickers so I cant see
!)only changed it 'cuz the padding was worn out and it nolonger fitted well.

[Mar 01, 2009]
johnnyb

Strength:

Cheap, strong and fits guys with big heads

Probably hot in the summer and not as light as my Giro E2

I bought the helmet for the look of it and also that it fits guys with big heads. I have a 7 and 5/8 hat size and the XL fits perfect and doesn't look like a salad bowl on my head.

Its hard finding a helmet that fits me, the Giros fit great too, but the Makai hard-shell skate type is bigger than the Protec. The Protec is a nice helmet and comes in lots of colors.