MET Testagrossa XL Helmet

MET considers all cyclists, even for those with a larger head size. It’s also why MET doesn’t just offer only one, but two models to meet every large size demand.

dargo200   Weekend Warrior [Mar 18, 2010]
Strength:

Great if you have trouble finding helmets large enough to fit your above average melon. The visor is quite good at keeping the rain off my glasses. easy to fit.

Mushroom head effect. Some of the padding doesn't like sitting where it's supposed to be & requires constant adjustment.

It's an OK helmet, fits me well & keeps the rain out of my eyes (mostly). After a while it does start showing it's age & things begin falling apart.

OVERALL
Gwennwys   Weekend Warrior [Oct 04, 2008]
Strength:

It fits my head!

It looks cheap, ventilation isn't the best and the padding isn't great.

I needed to change my helmet as my trusty Giro Switchblade had come to the end of its useful life. Problem: I have a fairly large head, and most helmets (including Giro these days, unfortunately) don't come in a size big enough to fit comfortably. My options at this point were pretty narrow, so I opted for the Testagrossa. It fits, which is a definite plus point. On the down side, though, it looks and feels like a much cheaper helmet. It's as if MET decided to ramp up the price just because it's a larger size. The pads aren't attached very well and tend to move away from where they should be during the course of a ride. But at least it fits, and until more manufacturers decide to cater for the larger-bonced rider it'll have to do. Buy it if you can't find other helmets to fit, but don't expect it to set your world on fire.