Louis Garneau T-Bone V Helmet

T-Bone V

At 8 oz. and 33 vents, possibly the lightest helmet on the market as of today. The T-Bone helmet is also, by its construction of outer polycarbonate structure which is raised by 3 mm, the safest helmet out there!Its U-Bar construction creating a protection cage around your head, allows for better distribution of energy upon impact.

Zachary   Cross Country Rider [Feb 08, 2006]
Strength:

Venting. Strength. Great Warranty

Sizing. These fit small so you may need a size larger.

This helmet saved me from becoming a vegetable. I had a noccurance where I found myself off trail on a steep slope and my head smashed up against a rock. The helmet broke but did exactly what it was supposed to. It kept my head from becoming a grey matter soup pot. All I had to show for the crash were some scratches and a severe headache. Currently looking for another one!

Similar Products Used: Bell Evo, Giro Xen, Giro Monza
Neil   Weekend Warrior [Oct 16, 2006]
Strength:

Fit, weight, retention

Can't find it anymore but really none

This helmet is amazingly light yet feels sturdy. My Bell Delirium fits nothing like it. The retention device squeezes in from all sides due to the shape of the helmet. It is such a nice helmet. I hardly wear the Giro or Bell anymore. Where can I find another one?

Similar Products Used: Giro and Bell
Dan Rosso   Cross Country Rider [Aug 03, 2006]
Strength:

Light, durable, adjustable fit, breaths extremely well. In short, the best helmet for my melon out there.

Buy this helmet for your melon! I've tried bell and Giro and this helmet beats both of them. You can adjust it to fit your melon no matter what. It's very light, durable, and wears extremely well.

Similar Products Used: Bell, Giro
matt   Racer [Apr 18, 2004]
Strength:

fits well, light with lots of vents.

too much exposed foam

this helmet saved my head in a crash while racing a crit. wiped out on a corner while going 25 mph, my body broke my bikes fall and the helmet saved my head. it did its job, i love it.

Similar Products Used: various giro helmets
Eugene Lee   Cross Country Rider [Jul 27, 2003]
Strength:

Super light.
Easily adjustable to fit different head widths with their neat adjuster.
Visually appealing.

None yet

Great helmet for a great price!

Similar Products Used: None
Chris   Cross Country Rider [Apr 12, 2002]
Strength:

Looks great, extremely light!!, very airy and it feels so comfortable.

After all the Giro and Bell helmets I've had, this one is way better than both of them combined. I never even thought about this brand of helmet before, but I sure am glad I did now. I give it five flamin' chilis for value because this thing is worth every penny. The overall rating has to be five flammin' chilis because this thing just rocks!!! Don't even consider anything else.

Similar Products Used: Giro, Bell
mark   Cross Country Rider [Dec 05, 2004]
Strength:

looks,fit,weight,tested by independent source

n o n e

it took a bit to get it set right but once I got it I did not know it was on. I kept reaching, on my first ride with it,up thinking Id forgotten my helmet. I am coming from a BMX helmet so the fit is totally different. I thought Id never find a helmet as comfortable as the one I was using. if you want a comfortable forget you are wearing one helmet, that meets many safety standards and not just the minimal,that is ultra cool to look at,an excellent value,a 1 year replacement guarentee,breathes well yet works in cool weather without a skullcap then give this one a try on your head. I bet you will not want to lose it for warranty replacement. this is the most comfortable helmet Ive worn in 10+ years of wearing them

Similar Products Used: bell,trek,schwinn,too many to name
Brian   Cross Country Rider [May 08, 2006]
Strength:

Light, strong, good air flow. Spiderlock very functional!-- fits helmet snuggly to noggin.

N/a.

Excellent helmet...strong and light with plenty of air flow. One set of replacement inner pads came with it, but I'm needing to replace them again. Liner pads have really gotten thin, soft outter lining often peels off with wear. Gonna call LG and see if they'll send me some replacement pads for free:) Great helmet at a great price! Buy one!

mark   Cross Country Rider [May 28, 2006]
Strength:

weight, fit, durability, looks, ventilation, can wear it for hours in the heat or cold without getting the "helmet headache"

pads too thin for hairless heads

I reviwed this a couple of years ago and am still using it. its been a great helmet and other than the pads being too thin since shaving my head and have no more hair to help with padding Id say this helmet is my all time favorite.
I took some med/thin pads from another helmet( the foam non coolmax type but have a coolmax shell) and replaced the ones that came with it with them and now it feels as comfortable as any helmet Ive ever used, still has all the other strengths so if I could Id give it 6 chilis.
also the LG customer service is awesome. I did it by internet not long ago and got free replacement pads on a 2 year old helmet AND they asked if that was all I needed replaced!!!
definetly get this helmet if you want a great value and not give up anything in return

Similar Products Used: Bell, Schwinn,Trek, Xmart etc.