Louis Garneau Le Mask Helmet

• Keylock
  • Spiderlock

• User Reviews (4)

Chris C.   Cross Country Rider [Mar 04, 2002]
    Strength:

Good looks, light weight, decent ventilation, excellent fit adjustability.

Can't think of any.

I've been extremely happy with this helmet. I use if for both road and dirt use. The spiderlock retention knob is the best fit adjustment system I've used. It's the most solid-fitting helmet I've ever owned. I've spun a lot of miles (on and off-road) in that helmet, and can't recommend it highly enough.

Similar Products Used: Bell Image Pro.
    Gary Leeman   [Jul 01, 2002]
    Strength:

Looks, Fit, Light weight

advertized weight 220 grms, actual weight 270

I have been riding for years and this and a Giro Eclipse are the first helmets I have ever bought. I did look at a Giro Boreas but sent that back as I couldn't get comfortable. I have been switching backwards and forwards between the Eclipse and the Le Mask and find the later very comfortable and I don't have to fiddle with it. I usually ride with no helmet, especially when climbing, but find, much to my surprise, that the Le Mask does not interfere or feel odd and so far it seems to keep my head cooler than a cotton cycling cap!!! Yesterday I rode up in the Catoctin Mountains of Maryland and felt comfortable dispite a temperature of 92f

Similar Products Used: leather hairnet, Cotton Cycling Cap
    Stephen Fox   Cross Country Rider [Oct 16, 2004]
    Strength:

Lightweight, ventilation, spiderlock system

Large areas of exposed expanded foam

This has been a good light weight helmet with great ventilation for riding in the desert. Chin strap and spider lock system make this a very comfortable helmet. Took a spill onto rocks recently and helmet did its job.
    I will replace with something with a complete cover. The exposed expanded foam is susceptible to the minor scrapes and bumps in the back of the car.
    I Would recommend as a lightweight helmet for anyone who takes good care of their gear. Not for me.

Similar Products Used: Various Bell products
    Ron M   Weekend Warrior [Aug 04, 2002]

This is my first bike Helmet (New to MTB, Prior no Head gear). After reading the reviews I felt this was a good choice. I took it out for a 3 1/2 hour "break in" run this weekend. After the first hour I started having a little pressure on my forehead. I just loosened the spider lock one or two clicks and was fine for the remainder of the ride. Very light over half the time I forgot I was wearing a helmet until wiping sweat from my forehead. Bottom line is it was a great purchase and I should have bought it before now! PS. I love this web site and its information and users.