Lazer Sport Oasiz Helmet

Lazer Sport Oasiz Helmet

Thanks to the input of mountain bike legend and style-guru Brian Lopes, the Lazer Oasiz Helmet offers increased protection and coverage at a price and weight rivaling the best of the company's lighter and more expensive road and cross-country offerings. Designed with all-mountain riders in mind, the Lazer Oasiz Helmet features the revolutionary Magic Buckle, a magnetic clasp system that uses two strong magnets to pull the clasp together and keep it fastened. Of course, this makes the Oasiz easy to fasten with one hand while riding. The Oasiz is constructed using Lazer's Rigidity Brace System (RBS), a helmet-specific, in-molded reinforcement structure that works like a skeleton to improve impact resistance and guarantee higher safety. In addition, the Oasiz's sides and back come down a bit lower than most helmets, offering more coverage for all-mountain riding. But don't assume this extra protection comes at the price of comfort; the Oasiz's 21 vents usher air through the shell, pushing heat out to keep your head cool.Like many of Lazer's best helmets, the Oasiz uses the Rollsys retention system made popular by the company?s road helmets. Compared to other fit systems, Lazer?s patented Rollsys is a fully integrated mechanism that surrounds the head completely. To dial in the fit, simply turn the smooth thumb wheel on top of the helmet. Even better, the Oasiz's Rollsys tightens symmetrically -- without pressure points -- a feeling enhanced by the Oasiz's antimicrobial, odor-fighting, and temperature-regulating X-static pads that stretch from the forehead back to above the ears.The Lazer Oasiz Helmet comes in two sizes -- XX-Small/Medium and Large/XL-Large. It's available in Lopes White, White/red, and White/silver and has a removable visor.

[Jan 01, 2014]
cobym2

Strength:

Relatively light for an AM helmet, good fit and nice looks

Adjustments inconsistent, magnetic clip was nice, but rusts and swells.

This is for the earlier model Oasiz (55-Lopes Edition) of 2011. I got this on sale from the local dealer.
Out of the box, it was a good fit and I was impressed by the magnetic clip and Rollsys adjustment at the top.
On the trail, it was well ventilated and cool, owing to the generous amount and size of the vents. It served me well for around a year or so of weekly riding.
Fast forward to 2 years later: the Rollsys adjuster isnt adjusting anymore, and is inconsistent at best; and the magnet in the magnetic clip has rusted, swelled and wouldnt close properly. I had to open it up, scrape off the corrosion and put it back together, but the security of the clip is now suspect, as the magnet may fall off. Granted, the rule of thumb is one should change a helmet after 2 years, but I have 5 year old helmets that are simpler, and last longer. I would suggest to Lazer that they just ditch the magnetic clip thingy for the regular all plastic clip, improve their Rollsys system, and have a better helmet. For retail price, this would be less than 3 stars. Good thing I got it on sale.

[Jan 25, 2013]
DPeper

Strength:

I have ridden with this helmet for the last 7 months and haven't had any problems with it. It fits great, the magnetic clip on the chin strap is awesome and has never released on its own. The shell of the helmet lets the air in well, also is easy to attach my headlight to. I have also worn a big hat under mine during the winter this year. The rolls system will adjust a tremendous amount. I can run a headlight and the helmet is comfortable and snug in the summer evenings and then in the cold spin the roller and put a knit tuk on and then roll it up snug again over my hat.

Price is steep. I would buy this again.

I would definitely buy again. I got a deal on it the $203 msrp looks expensive. The fit, finish and feature benefiits are outstanding. It is my all mountain helmet for going up! My down helmet is a D2 Open Face Troylee.

[Jun 09, 2012]
JasonG1977

Strength:

Light, adjustable, easy release chin strap.

Little on the expensive side.

Been using this for about 3 months now and really enjoy it for my rides. It's light, fit's like a glove with the adjustable knob and the easy release chin strap is a cinch to put on/take off. If I ever crash out I'm sure I'll pick another up to replace this one!

Available At :