GT Pegasus Helmet

GT Pegasus

Dave Johnson   Cross Country Rider [Jul 26, 2001]
Strength:

Everything

Visor to squirly

This helmet is the best that i have ever had. It fits extremely well I have had no problems ith it except that the visor comes off in wrecks easily, which can be a good thing (protecting the visor from damage) Although it can be annoying. It also keeps my headvery cool despite the sweltering weather.

Similar Products Used: Bell Fortza Pro
Nate Houle   Cross Country Rider [Jun 03, 2001]
Strength:

The colors are cool, because depending on the way that you look at it, the color changes from yellow to dark maroon. Fits soooo good and lightweight.

Might be a little too bold for some people.

A great helmet if you want to look out of the ordinary.

Similar Products Used: Bell Evo Pro
Tim   Weekend Warrior [Mar 07, 2001]
Strength:

The Price Cal the factory they have an over supply and selling them for $15 plus shipping. They are the GT Pegasus Saturn Team helmet !!!!!!!!!!

NONE !!

For the price, you better call the factory and order 2!! for this price its a steal. The number 1-800-288-4280 ex. 4831

Similar Products Used: BELL
Jana Lingo   Cross Country Rider [Oct 31, 2000]
Strength:

Protects your head in a crash

Retention system Falls apart, Wacky buckle, Sweatband overwhelmed by Florida Heat and Humidity

A Nice Helmet that tries too hard to be different. The Retnetion system snaps together, but comes apart too easily, even when I had it on. The sweatband would douse my glasses with sweat after 5 miles, and I didn't want to try and use a sweatband , giving the problems with the retention system. Also, The straps use a unique buckle and "Junctions"(the things under your ear that connect the front and back straps) that require a screwdriver to adujst! Finally, it's made out of softer foam than other helmets, so it looks fairly bad (scratches) after only a short time

Similar Products Used: You name it
J.R. Johnson   Cross Country Rider [Aug 19, 2000]
Strength:

Everything- great ventelation- best fit for me ever!!!, comfortable. And great sale price in Nashbar for the Satern Team color only. And great looking.

The visor on mine seems to come off when I hit something.

This is the best helmet ever for any type of riding. It has all of what a good helmet should have.

Similar Products Used: Giro, and Bell.
Mike O   Cross Country Rider [Jan 14, 2000]
Strength:

Light weight = 8.9 oz
Good looks
Good ventilation
Visor is mounted with sturdy pegs that fit into helmet with out using velcro. (isn't there already too much velcro in the world? it's getting to be like duct tape...)
Strap clip works well

my niterider headtrip bike light doesn't quite attach right...of course, this is more niterider's problem than GT's.

I have to agreed with Dave below, more people should be using this helmet. At 8.9 oz., this is one of the lightest helmets out there, and it's got a decent look to it. Unfortunately, you probably won't find this helmet sitting on a shelf at the bike shop nor find it in a bike mail order catalog. I had to order mine through the local bike shop (LBS) which I don't like to do for something that I'm going to wear. But I took the chance and it paid off. Now if GT could just make their I-drives light like this helmet...

Similar Products Used: old Bell styrofoam helmet that actually fit my head well but no vents and what a goofy egghead look.
Larry Litwin   Weekend Warrior [Jun 18, 1999]
Strength:

I had trouble finding a helmet that was comfortable. This one fit like a glove. Quality seems about the same as the equivalent priced helmets in other brands. Vents keep pretty much the same size outside to inside.

You would think, considering the price, that they could throw in a second set of pads. Also, their customer service staff were very arrogant when I called.

Good, but nothing special. Unless you have big trouble getting a comfortable fit I'd go with Bell, Giro, or Specialized.

Similar Products Used: Bell, Giro, Specialized
Saucy   Cross Country Rider [May 18, 2001]
Strength:

Light, good vents, good looks

The visor mount is pretty weak

This is probably the favorite out of all the helmets I have ever owned. It's not as pretty as my E2, and it's got so much use now that it's kinda smelly and the pads are pretty beat. It's light and well vented. It fits better than any other helmet I have ever put on my head. The only thing I never liked about it is the way they put the visor on. It looks like an afterthought. But that's not enough to take any chilies away. Nice job GT... I don't like your bikes much but this helmet rocks.

Similar Products Used: Giro E2
John   Cross-Country Rider [May 27, 1999]
Strength:

light, comfortable, looks great

I am not a fan of GT's bikes, but this helmet has it all. By far the best helmet available. It really surprises me that more people don't use this helmet, maybe it's because it says GT on it. 5 big happy stars.