Giro Havoc Helmet

Giro Havoc Helmet

With 27 vents the most in the Giro line. The Havoc has the Rac Loc 3 system to keep the helmet tight to your head. The in-mold design makes this one tough helmet. Weight 10.5oz.

[Jul 22, 2013]
Mikkel Lund

Strength:

Easy quick fit, looks good, seems light, good price

Only lasted two years

After two years of normal mtb-riding and a bit of commuting the inner plastic fittings that connects the outer shell has worn down. Otherwise it has no weaknesses and I've been very pleased with it. Maybe I can glue it together but that wouldnt feel right in a way. Overall I'm unsure how I feel about the fact that the helmet inner plastic fittings wore out after two years. A little cheated. Im pretty pissed now actually.

[Sep 18, 2012]
Woodsonnc

Strength:

Lightweight, comfortable, good ventilation, quick size adjustment

This helmet is very comfortable and the ventilation is great. The fine tune fit adjustment in the back is easy to use and hasn't failed to hold it's position yet. I personally don't see how you could need more than this helmet offers unless you wanted more coverage in the rear. For a majority of riders, i think this helmet would fit the bill, and at a reasonable price point. I wear one, and both my sons (17 and 6) who race wear them also.

[Dec 29, 2009]
BokorSolo

Strength:

Good helmet. It does exactly what it was designed to do, protect my brain.

Seems to fit a little high on my head.

This is the least favorite of all the helmets I own. I slapped on some reflective tape all over it and I use it for riding my road bike at night because I just don't care for it all that much.

Other Giros.

[Nov 27, 2009]
Jacques Pienaar

Strength:

Light Weight, Fits me perfectly, Adjustability, durability, ventilation

This lid has taken some serious blows specifically comming down hill on a foreign trail, connecting the remaining part of a branch hidden behind thicker leaves. Sent me flying back off the bike, hell-of-a stiff neck but the helmet protected my pip just fine. Will totally recommend this quality product.

Various

[Nov 07, 2009]
*crash*

Strength:

Good fit (everyone's head shape is different)
Quick and easy adjustments
Not too hot and not too cold

A little noisy when going into head wind.

The Havoc, with a $65 price point is one of the best all around helmets. Cool looking, medium priced, a good fit (depends on the shape of your head), and rugged would best describe this helmet. I did a flip going downhill after a failed attempt jumping a 3ft drop,resulting in bruised knees and shoulders and a cracked Giro Havoc! The helmet stayed in place (even with a 3" gap between my chin and the chin strap), and took the blow instead of my head! Lifesaver? Possibly. Definitely saved me a trip to the hospital! Totally recommended for the XC rider. AM, FR, & DH should use a full face (which I should have done).

Giro Ionos (for the road)

[Oct 11, 2009]
ErikEngerd

Strength:

Comfort, looks.

Sweat absorption is not that good.

This is a good product. The helmet served its purpose as it prevented serious head injury at a crash. The helmet is now dented and has a crack and must be replaced. I did not suffer any head injury whatsoever thanks to this helmet.

The helmet is a bit expensive. Nevertheless, going to spend the same money again on a new Giro helmet because it has proven itself now.

El cheapo helmets

[Aug 02, 2009]
Ryan_ Booty

Strength:

Coolest brain bucket out there. Matches the cool bike and is the macdaddy helmet out there.

Matches my bike, Trek Jet 20.

[Jun 07, 2009]
ChicagoBoy777

Strength:

Fits perfect, adjustable sizing on the back. Easy to adjust in a second, very safe and sturdy

Helmet saved my life. I ate it bad on a 40 foot drop. I hit hard packed dirt with my front right side. Didn't lose consciousness. Have a little vertigo I'm getting through, but that's it. Vertigo almost gone and my helmet is still intact.

[Feb 06, 2009]
wick80

Strength:

Fit, strength

Never go cheap with a helmet. This helmet saved my life today when I wrecked my bike. Instead of my head getting crushed, the helmet broke apart and took the brunt of the impact. I have a headache and a bruise, but my skull is not cracked open. I will buy another Giro Havoc immediately. I am not a normal reviewer, but safety is important to me, and this helmet worked exactly as published. Very impressed. Thanks Giro!

[Jul 13, 2008]
gointhedistance

Strength:

LOOKS, fit system, breath-ability, value

runs a half size big in my opinion...

This is a great helmet so far. It fits well. It is fairly light, and breaths very well in my opinion. I think for the price it is one of the best helmets you can buy. GREAT VALUE. If you are thinking about a mid-level helmet for mountain biking-just go with the Havoc. Its an awesome deal.

Specialized helmets