Cratoni Twister Competition Helmet

Twister Competition

Cratoni Sport Series MTB Helmet

Steve   Cross Country Rider [Apr 15, 2002]
Strength:

- Light (without the visor)
- Beautiful engineering
- Snug and safe

Looks are an acquired taste but even seasoned riders tell me it looks "sporty". I personally think it's the best looking helmet on the market.

This is a wonderful helmet, buy it. That's the short version. The longer version: when one buys a helmet, the primary concern is safety. I don't know whether the Twister is safer than any other brand, and I hope I never have to find out.

Next down the list is comfort, and in this respect the Twister is second to none. I removed the visor (because it's damn heavy) and dialled in the correct fit using the built-in mechanism which is a marvel of German engineering, simple and elegant. I doubt if there's a head out there on earth that this helmet won't fit, because it doesn't have any design idiosyncracies, unlike some other brands I've seen. For the Twister, "form follows function" and you'll know the moment you put it on. It adjusts to you, not the other way around, and that's how it should be.

The third thing one looks for is posing value. The Twister is an acquired taste, but I've yet to meet anyone (except my wife) who says it's ugly. Then again, my wife thinks I'm ugly so go figger. In my opinion, it's the coolest looking helmet out there. I paid a discounted price for it, but even if it had been at normal retail, I'd happily fork out the dough. No matter what kind of rider you are (except hardcore downhillers), you'll love this one. Great product, great price. Five + Five hairy middle fingers.