Bontrager Quantum Helmet

Bontrager Quantum Helmet

Available in up to four sizes for a tailored fit, Quantum features great ventilation, excellent coverage, and of course Bontrager's signature out-of-the-box comfort and incredible ease-of-use. A removable visor adds to the value of a helmet that feels just as at home on the trail as it does on the road.

[Aug 17, 2015]
Pete

Strength:

Will protect your brain

looks goofy with the visor on

went over the handlebars at 18mph when the front tire of my road bike went into a storm drain that was 4 ft out in the lane. hit the pavement head first hard enough to split the foam on the helmet and crush my watch face. couldn't move my arms hands or fingers when I came to but I knew my address, phone number and everything else. Got an MRI and a cat scan at the ER and everything with my head was just fine. Feeling came back to my arms over a few hours. If you want to protect your head, this is an incredible helmet. I also ride mtb and race cross. I'll never wear another model.

[Dec 23, 2013]
Benhur Asuncion

Strength:

style , fitting, vents, color

none for me

i love using the helmet gives me great looks.

Bell

[Oct 03, 2013]
Mike N.

Strength:

Fits great, very comfortable.

Looks big on your head.

Seems about right for a $65 helmet. In hindsight I would spend the extra $40 and get a really bad@ss helmet.

[Feb 19, 2013]
Ciclistagonzo
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Comfort, and head coverage

Just a bit heavy.

I've worn all kinds of helmets in the past 20+ years of riding and the Quantum was a suprise find. VERY comfortable, the padding is well spaced and supportive and the retaining system very easy to use.
I find a helmet is doing it's job best when I don't notice it and even on the first ride the Quantum was that comfy and cool that I never noticed it. Amazing good helmet even before you factor in the price.

Bell Sweep XC, Bell Volt, Giro Animas, Giro Xen

[May 09, 2012]
HumboldtBrad

Strength:

super lightweight, lots of air flow, very comfortable and a good value

It is an excellent helmet it is well worth the price

[Feb 07, 2012]
heyyall

Strength:

Reasonably light, fits great (no pressure points and free of shake), great styling

I set out for a comfortable, secure fitting helmet to replace an aging helmet. I tried several helmets on and found that most with the "roc-loc"-type of adjustment fit my head well, so it came down to price and style. I liked the Quantum's style at first glance and the price point was just what I was looking for (~$60 US).

I have worn the helmet this fall and winter, so it is hard to gauge how effective the venting will be as the temperature rises. But for winter riding, I'm very happy that I can easily loosen the "micro-manager" (roc-loc equivalent) and wear a thermal cap under the helmet. The fit isn't compromised once the "micro-manager" is tightened back up.

The weight of the helmet seems comparable to similar models in this price point. Trek/Bontrager publishes the weight for a large (my size) at 350g. On my kitchen scale, my helmet comes in at 362g. The difference could be the visor, but 12g is "close enough" in my books.

Overall, I'm very happy with the helmet. There isn't anything I would change on it and I have no regrets on the selection.