Bell Slant Helmet

Bell Slant is an exceptional helmet at an amazing price that is versatile, stylish and affordable. Features 21 head cooling channeled vents, easy to adjust Ergo Dial fit system, and a Blade Visor.

Leo   [Oct 06, 2013]
Strength:

Saved my head, vented, lightweight.

Nothing.

I went into the back of a twin axle flatbed trailer, going over 15 mph, blacked out. Woke up with a streaming nose, but the helmet saved from at least a few weeks in hospital. Proves that helmets are needed, will be replaced with another. :)

avlbiker   Weekend Warrior [May 30, 2010]
Strength:

saved my cranium, well vented, fits well, comfortable

it works!! I took a very nasty spill yesterday over the top and landed head first on a granite slab. The helmet stayed on, took the hit, and cracked, but I rode away with cuts, bruises, sprained wrist, etc. but no head injury. It will be replaced with another Bell Slant. Works as intended.

CommuterBoy   Weekend Warrior [Apr 23, 2010]
Strength:

Price, function

I've never posted a review before, but I felt compelled after I crashed at 25mph when I hit a brick in the bike lane and went down hard wearing this helmet. It did its job perfectly, cracking in two and absorbing the impact of my attempted superman dive-roll. I got some road rash, but zero head injuries thanks to this helmet and the way it fit. The dial-a-fit and fairly deep fitting nature of this helmet always made me feel secure, and it certainly proved itself worthy of taking the impact, saving me a pretty nasty head injury for sure. I had my new Bell helmet on order the very next day.

Similar Products Used: Bell Paraxox, Bell Metro
stumpjumperchris   Cross Country Rider [Mar 31, 2010]
Strength:

Lightweight, comfortable and easy to adjust

Crashed on a quick decent this morning. Helmet cracked and visor tore away, but it stayed in placed and more importantly my head is fine (well, normal). What else could you ask for?

Similar Products Used: Giro
jski   Cross Country Rider [Aug 17, 2009]
Strength:

Seriously protects your head.

None that I know of.

My husband was wearing this helmet when he bunny hopped a log only to have his bike and then his head hit a rock. Helmet was dented and cracked, but my husband was neither. He had a few scrapes on his head, but no concussion, bruise, or anything worse. We purchased another one already. It did exactly what it was supposed to!

lego_rider   Weekend Warrior [Aug 04, 2009]
Strength:

relatively cheap, light, and works very well

looks a little wierd

Great helmet, I fell and broke the helmet jumping off a ramp going 30, had a bruised forehead for a week but no concussion and I'm still riding.

Similar Products Used: na
senorspeedy   Cross Country Rider [Jul 21, 2009]
Strength:

cooling, value

slightly bulky

Its cheap, it works, its not too dorky, you can probably get one to match your bike.

lilchrist   Cross Country Rider [Dec 29, 2008]
Strength:

Adjusts to your head, Ventilates well, Good looks.

Strap is quite long out of the box, but it is easily trimmed.

This is a good all around helmet. It's not a top of the line race helmet, but it works. Good ventilation, decent weight, and a good fit makes this a good buy for almost anyone!

Similar Products Used: Generic Dept. store helmets.
wheezee   Weekend Warrior [Sep 03, 2008]
Strength:

Light, well vented

Rather large profile

You can forget you have it on, it's so light. The vents work well. So well in fact that my head froze in spots on a winter ride (and I had a thin hat on).

It seems a bit large in profile on my head. Puts me in mind of a showjumper's helmet. Probably I have a narrow head or something.