Bell Metro Helmet

Bell Metro Helmet

Rise up, commuters, messengers and grocery-getters, a helmet with the styling, graphics and features for your life awaits. We've kept all the well-placed vents and added some style, but dropped the attitude. The result is a helmet that screams cool without saying a word. From colors that work with non-lycra clothing to a new tactile SoftShell bottom wrap and innovative new features and optional upgrades, the Metro is a work of understated utilitarian art.

[Sep 20, 2005]
GENE RIVER

Strength:

Fit, look, nothing fancy or flashy. Visor that really works.

Front straps are touching my ears.

A no nonsense piece of equipment. Lower rating because of the front straps placement.

Bell V1 Pro, Specialized what ever..

[Feb 06, 2006]
Stuart Latimerlo

Strength:

Good fit, functional design, cool accessories, Good Looks.

?

Functional, comfortable, and...FINALLY, I helmet that doesn't look dorky. I like the optional accessories and did I mention that it looks good?! :) Road or Mountain Bikers - Weekend Warriors, XCs, and some FRs can benefit from this helmet, not just commuters.

[May 07, 2005]
George

Strength:

Great looks, fits perfect, lot of upgrades available, many color options. It doesn't look stupid on your head.

None that I can find.

This is definitely the best helmet I have ever used. It feels great, looks great, and has options to boot. Bell did their homework on this one. I'm finally happy with a helmet.

Lots of Giros, 661 XC Bravo, other Bells, Specialized

[Dec 28, 2004]
Rick Krough

Strength:

Better overall protection due to less vent holes. The retention system keeps the helmet in place without having to choke yourself with the strap, It doesn't look Gay

when you first use it the strap adjustments won't stay in place. but after a while the strap stretches a bit and it is fine

If you want a helmet that offers better overall protection with a more classic look this helmet is tough to beat.

lots of helmets

[Oct 06, 2004]
American Lesion

Strength:

Superior fit, numerous upgrade kits--lights & winterization--good looks.

Weaknesses?

Best darn helmet I've ever owned. Not just for commuters. Roadies and mountain bikers that are practically minded should enjoy this one.

Bell V-1 Pro, Vetta Corsa, Various Nsahbar models, Cheapie Bell big-box store models, Bell Stratos

[Feb 16, 2007]
spiro vagenas

Strength:

simple cleancut look

Very badly designed straps-i.e. they fold out instead of in.
weight
low quality viser-mine was worped before I even had the helmet on
eccessories offer minimal functional use, if any at all

I'm actually a bit lost for words here. I'v had my Met helmet for as long as I can remember. I bought the Metropolis because I had the money and thought the rain cover to be ingenious. I ordered the attachable mirror as well. Once fitted the mirror is practically unusable and seriously nerdish looking. The rain cover traps the heat in. After 20 minutes of normal cycling it feels like you've had your head stuck in a microwave oven and this is mid winter in Denmark. I have therefor very reluctently binned both the mirror and rain cover. I also find the air vents on the helmet insufficient and am therefor back with my old Met.

As a spare helmet and when used for going round the block to the lokal groser, for the right price, this could be the one for you.
For even the half serious cyclist, this is not the one.

The bottom line is the Metropolis is an exciting concept, but fails on nearly all fronts.

Met & only a few others