Bell Influx Helmet

Bell Influx Helmet

The Bell Influx bicycle helmet priced at a great value and is designed for trail riding, touring/trekking, and MTB XC Race?s. Features the helmet has includes 18 vents, blade visor, GPS fit system, channeled ventilation and cam-lock levers.

[Oct 13, 2013]
tech98

Strength:

Multiple sizes for better fit, good value

Flimsy visor and pads

Most one-size-fits-all helmets feel wonky on my big head, so it was a relief to find the size Large Bell Influx. Good price, fits my head shape and size just right. Visor is flimsy and pads wore out fast. But it does the job, has saved me from some nasty tree branches.

[Apr 16, 2013]
for_SCIENCE

Strength:

Many sizes, good airflow, looks, fits comfortably once adjusted correctly.

visor is on the flimsy side, loose ends of straps can be messy to manage. Bigger sizes (L, XL) can be hard to find in stock in stores.

While you can't put a price on safety, for a relatively new rider like myself this is a fine choice. It might not be as light or good looking as pricier models/brands, but due to safety standards they all do the same job: protect that blob of meat and fatty tissue on top of your shoulders. Any more money spent is just going to get you better fit, appearance, quality, and lighter weight.

[Jan 03, 2013]
Predrag Babic

Strength:

This is my fourth Influx,and its hard to beat comfort,safety,weight,fit,and Bell product support if you need new pads.Highly recommend if you have large volume head.Easy to tight and adjust,nice visor too.Go for.

If you need beautiful god fit light helmet buy Influx.The pads is very nice easy to wash and comfortable.Nice visor keep branches away from you ayes.Love it,and highly recommend.

[Jun 01, 2012]
Raj

Strength:

Strong. Well Ventilated. Easy to adjust. Removable visor. Comfortable inner pads. Stays in place. Cost. Looks Awesome.

The visor is made out of pretty flimsy material, but hey it does the job.

Landed on my head quite a few times, and this helmet was never damaged. More importantly, my head is still intact. I like it so much that I use it both on the road and on the trail. Will buy another one when this one is done.

[Sep 02, 2011]
debusama

Strength:

removable visor, good ventilation, cheap, comes in multiple sizes.

All helmets have to meet standards to insure they function in protecting your head. I think it's ridiculous to spend a lot on a piece of foam with straps. The drawback of the cheap helmets is the universal sizing, so someone with a medium sized head has to use a big bulbous helmet that will fit on a large head. This one comes in sizes, which allows you to get one that fits well. It looks good with the removable visor on or off, so people like me who ride/race both road and mountain still get the sun blocking benefits of the visor, without having it catch wind on a road ride. Not having to buy separate Road/mountain helmets fits in will with my aversion to spending on helmets.

[Aug 25, 2010]
nondairybubonic

Strength:

good air flow

staps get twisted atround pretty easily, viser is cheap

was a good helmet served its purpose used for 1.5 years have to retire it took a head impact with several cracks through the foam, with out it id woulda been fubar' good entry level lid

[Aug 24, 2010]
backwardnomad

Strength:

Comfortable, cool, fits my large head, easy to adjust, stylish, good visor, outstanding price, meets safety standards

None I can see

I'm an older, casual rider (city streets and cycling trails) who needs a comfortable, reliable helmet in a large size, with a visor. I already had a comparable Giro Phase helmet (bright blue and white), but I ordered the Bell Influx primarily for the color (dark blue and silver/titanium), to match my bike better. Bell, like Giro, has a solid reputation and the list price of the Influx was $20 less than the Phase, even without the dealer's discount. Given the positive reviews the Bell Influx has received, I felt confident it would be right, and I haven't been disappointed. It fit me almost without adjustment straight out of the box, looks great, and is very well ventilated. I'm wearing it and keeping my Giro helmet for a backup or loaner.

Giro Phase

[Jun 24, 2010]
babu9000

Strength:

Good venting. light weight, good fit, great protection

chin strap can be a pain to adjust, but not bad

I fell about 10 feet straight down off a ledge and landed on my back and hit my head, The helmet saved my noggin. It had a good size dent on the side and back. I didn't realize that I hit my head that hard until I looked at the helmet afterwards. I just bought another one just like it.

cheap Bell from Target

[Apr 27, 2010]
joe blow

Strength:

price, style

Tightening system is too low and pulls the tensioners over your ears.

Bought the helmet and am going to return it. The plastic tensioners that tighten around your head are annoying and get in the way on your ears when you have to wear glasses. I tried just pushing them back up, but they kept creeping down and digging into my ears.

[Apr 22, 2010]
runctrack

Strength:

The helmet breathes very well and the appearance is not bad.

I have not had any problems with the straps stretching but I did notice that the visor comes off easily.

Good helmet, can not be beaten for the price.